Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Time To Stop The Destruction


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You really need to up your game a little.

Why, when my game consistently proves to be up enough to keep a medical expert on par with internationally respected experts coming back for more?

You running out of lefties or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday BLM protesters vandalized statues of Sir John A. MacDonald, Canada's first Prime Minister, and Egerton Ryerson, the founder of public education in Ontario.  The basis of this destruction of

I'm all for dialogue, but if you're condoning destruction of property as protest, count me out.  I never said I was against all of the opinions expressed by the BLM protesters, and I strongly support

Because they got tired of the conspiracy-laden, science-denying, immigrant-bashing, victim-claiming of the majority of the right-wing on this forum.  

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

The mass exodus of forum members on the left is

Because they got tired of the conspiracy-laden, science-denying, immigrant-bashing, victim-claiming of the majority of the right-wing on this forum.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dialamah said:

Because they got tired of the conspiracy-laden, science-denying, immigrant-bashing, victim-claiming of the majority of the right-wing on this forum.  

That's not all that takes place here. And wherever else you go you'll find those problems. Writing this place off as such is dismissive denial and refusal to participate, in the good and useful dialoges that can happen.

Instead they put themselves in a place where they cannot hear anything but themselves, and demonize the "other" as you indicated with the above quote.
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, eyeball said:

Why, when my game consistently proves to be up enough to keep a medical expert on par with internationally respected experts coming back for more?

You running out of lefties or something?

I can post to anyone I want here, and I can ignore them too. It's partly up to you whether I do that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

That's not all that takes place here

True.  

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

And wherever else you go you'll find those problems.

I haven't found that to be true.  I've seen respectful dialogue between people with different political beliefs as the rule, rather than the exception, in other places.  

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Writing this place off as such is dismissive denial and refusal to participate, in the good and useful dialoges that can happen.

People can make their own decisions about how useful, for them, a forum is.  

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Instead they put themselves in a place where they cannot hear anything but themselves, and demonize the "other" as you indicated with the above quote.

This forum cannot "hear anything but themselves", and demonizing liberals/progressives/democrsts is rampant.  

It seems to me that several of the more centrist conservative posters have also left this site since the "flight of the lefties".  Why is that, do you suppose?   

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dialamah said:

This forum cannot "hear anything but themselves", and demonizing liberals/progressives/democrsts is rampant.  

It seems to me that several of the more centrist conservative posters have also left this site since the "flight of the lefties".  Why is that, do you suppose?   

I think everyone is welcome here. There only needs to be one or two disruptive influences to mke the forum unusable, or not worthwhile for mature adults to participate. If you know what I mean.


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I think everyone is welcome here

That's true.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

There only needs to be one or two disruptive influences to mke the forum unusable, or not worthwhile for mature adults to participate. If you know what I mean.

Not really.  

ETA:  Oh wait.  Do you mean that when moderate right- wingers leave its because one or two disruptive influences make the forum not worthwhile, but when moderate left wingers leave, its because they don't want to engage in conversation or find compromises?

If that is what you mean, my suspicion that you are driven by partisanship is increased.  Do you want to clarify?

Edited by dialamah
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 12:43 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Is it time to increase sentencing for vandalism of monuments? Is it time to declare destructive forms of protest as acts of terrorism?

I think the destruction is wanton and must be stopped. Why the word is wanton, I dunno but they are reckless and destroying things, not even in the name of something. You can't destroy without a cause. To be legitimate there has to be a cause...

No I wouldn't call it terrorism. Just a scumbag movement. Filth and detritous are always attracted to any spectacle. Legitimate protest is now defeated.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

So this thread started getting derailed here:

Quote

Back peddling from assertions that organized Deepstates, media-mobs, Bolshevists and Nazis, the CCP, Putin, Bonnie Henry and so on and so forth...dozens if not hundreds of 'people in power' are orchestrating and coordinating the destruction of the free world by hundreds of thousands if not millions of activists on the ground.

The problem was hyperbole. 

All he was really saying was many on the right in America believe there is a problem with what is called "the Deep state."

They believe neo and anarcho Marxists are causing problems. They believe the Progressive or as some call it, "regressive" leftist infection has even spread into our Canadian system. They believe this segment of the political left is self-destructive.

Remove all the hyperbole and there's no real argument with that. Although we on the rational right would be happy to have it. No need to derail. 

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 4:44 PM, Infidel Dog said:

All he was really saying was many on the right in America believe there is a problem with what is called "the Deep state."

As I've said before, the absolute proof of how nonsensical that idea was is that Trump is still alive. No deep state would have failed to see he had a 'heart attack' or something similar in his first year.

On 9/7/2020 at 4:44 PM, Infidel Dog said:

They believe neo and anarcho Marxists are causing problems. They believe the Progressive or as some call it, "regressive" leftist infection has even spread into our Canadian system. They believe this segment of the political left is self-destructive.

That's no hyperbole, but truth.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Argus said:

As I've said before, the absolute proof of how nonsensical that idea was is that Trump is still alive. No deep state would have failed to see he had a 'heart attack' or something similar in his first year.
 

- That's no hyperbole, but truth.

So you mean, there's a deeper-than-deep state, and Trump is in?   :blink::blink::blink:


- Absolutely. Hyar hyar!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 12:43 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Allowing the great achievements of the founding of Canada and the public education system to be ignored and twisted by an overblown narrative about evil colonialism is a blatant misinterpretation of history and a degradation of the antecedent progressive steps that have built the great country we have today with our rights, freedoms, and protections for minorities.

This is a real problem with the message coming from the left.

"Whatever happened before in history is irrelevant to me, as I didn't care back then. But I care now. And my own feelings are more relevant than facts."

"And now, I shall go forth and change the world. For the Better!!!"

....

Now we know why Stalin needed the dumbocrats. The technical and scientific classes were the first to be killed, because they knew history and could refute his emotionally inflamed nonsense.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, dialamah said:

As I recall, you chose to stomp off in pique from the other forum because even the center-right posters disagreed with your opinions.  You scurried back to the comforting arms of the MLW right-wing bubble, where you could safely throw slurs at "leftists", "progressives", minorities and women in power in your posts and post-titles, not to mention any poster who disagrees with you. 

 

One of the thing I DO respect you for is your willingness to fight outside the echo chamber. 

CBC is taking posters like myself out into a virtual field and shooting them (one year or two year bans...handed-out like candy for posting Right)...I was unpopular...and attacked...brigaded and de-platformed. But that's where the fight is...not berating Argus for not liking Trump.

:)

Here I can say most anything...you as well. Enjoy it while you can.

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

CBC is taking posters like myself out into a virtual field and shooting them (one year or two year bans...handed-out like candy for posting Right)...I was unpopular...and attacked...brigaded and de-platformed. But that's where the fight is...not berating Argus for not liking Trump.

The Conservative party did the same to me .... can't post on their FB page (5 years now), cause I failed to properly admire Scheer.  I wasn't even particularly obstreperous, merely pointed out a couple of exaggerations in their claims.   Still regularly see anti-Trudeau posts on the Liberal FB page, however and short of threatening physical harm, they don't seem to be taking them down.

Also, there's a subreddit that will only allow conservatives to post; no other viewpoints welcome.  I haven't seen anything similar from the left, but there's a lot of subs, so it could well be there.

Point being that not wanting to hear any side but your own is not limited to any particular ideology.

As it happens, I like the center-right posters on this forum and don't particularly care for the extreme left-wing posters on the other forum.  This preference for more moderate opinions dictate which posts I'm more likely to read, and which posts I'm more likely to skip.  

(It's rather interesting that people claim all viewpoints should be welcome in all venues, because "bad ideas in the marketplace of ideas will be shouted down", but when a bad idea is shouted down, the speaker says "I'm being unfairly attacked and shut down; I'm entitled to be heard!")

 

Edited by dialamah
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dialamah said:

The Conservative party did the same to me ....

 

So, bad ideas

 

Well...at CBC, so-called right-wingers (I do not and will not vote CPC) are not imagining the effort to make an echo chamber of anti-Trump rhetoric. I wouldn't care so much if CBC was a private media outlet, but this is a taxpayer (me & you) funded entity. An entity that had golden days where it was #1 on the planet bar-none in objective reporting/programming...especially CBC Radio which was beyond special in the Peter Gzowski days.

Gone...and I'm now their apparent enemy...even if I was once one of them on a regular basis (always loaned-out to CBC Engineering Dept).

I think you'd find me surprisingly liberal...certainly libertarian...over a beer or three in the backyard. Where you and I are going to forever clash is Islam. I know the religion and I know the history. It's peaceful & friendly like my cat is a concert violinist.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I think you'd find me surprisingly liberal...certainly libertarian...over a beer or three in the backyard. Where you and I are going to forever clash is Islam. I know the religion and I know the history. It's peaceful & friendly like my cat is a concert violinist.

I'm pretty sure many of us agree more than we disagree on stuff, at the individual level.  I don't know why that can't come out more in online forums, myself included.

Islam:  you mistake me for someone who cares about religion.  They're all stupid and their adherents can all potentially use their religious teachings to oppress and kill non-believers or non-conformists.  It's the individual and how they interpret their faith who matters.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I'm pretty sure many of us agree more than we disagree on stuff, at the individual level.  I don't know why that can't come out more in online forums, myself included.

Islam:  you mistake me for someone who cares about religion.  They're all stupid and their adherents can all potentially use their religious teachings to oppress and kill non-believers or non-conformists.  It's the individual and how they interpret their faith who matters.

 

Islam, unlike most...sees no sin in killing for the correct reasons. Thus will ALWAYS be a problem to non-believers...especially in a minority position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Argus said:

As I've said before, the absolute proof of how nonsensical that idea was is that Trump is still alive. No deep state would have failed to see he had a 'heart attack' or something similar in his first year.

That's no hyperbole, but truth.

 

 

Yes the existence of neo and anarcho Marxists is a fact. That was my point.

Somebody was interpreting factual beliefs by the right in a hysterical hyperbolic manner but the facts of the claims could be disputed rationally.

For example the problem with hyping up the conspiratorial aspect of observations of a "deep state" then demanding outrageous expectations of it is such requirements are birthed from a false premise.

Noticing the deep state only requires 'light of day' observations of colluding between cliques embedded in the upper levels of government. It's a way of explaining blatant, underhanded activities by government elite and putting a name to it. It's not 'grassy knoll,' stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

So you mean, there's a deeper-than-deep state, and Trump is in?   :blink::blink::blink:


- Absolutely. Hyar hyar!

Trump is not in anything. Trump has no political ideology and is a member of no group. He's led his entire life as an outsider, never welcomed among the moneyed set he's desperately tried to woo. Everything he's done in life has been an attempt to garner the respect of the elites, and it's always been denied him and continues to be denied him because he's a crass, arrogant, uneducated, ignorant clown without any class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Noticing the deep state only requires 'light of day' observations of colluding between cliques embedded in the upper levels of government. It's a way of explaining blatant, underhanded activities by government elite and putting a name to it. It's not 'grassy knoll,' stuff.

Yep, also can be called the existing political establishment, which Donald Trump is not a part of, as Argus would agree.He has his own swamp. That alone is enough to make him an apostate, of the state. There is really not much else to explain the absolute screaming hysteria and complete dismissal of all things under his presidency. Whether he was responsible for them, or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Argus said:

Trump is not in anything. Trump has no political ideology and is a member of no group. He's led his entire life as an outsider, never welcomed among the moneyed set he's desperately tried to woo. Everything he's done in life has been an attempt to garner the respect of the elites, and it's always been denied him and continues to be denied him because he's a crass, arrogant, uneducated, ignorant clown without any class.

You don't like the person. I suggest a re-assessment of values is in order. Let's look at action and direction. Here is a man who is actually against globalism, and he proved he is serious. That's his initiative, wasn't there in US politics before Trump.

He also removed a cultural sensitivity training program that was mandatory for all federal employees, that actually taught people to essentially hate their own country. This is in the government mandated training. The deep state if it exists is deeply leftist.

Trump is the only one daring enough to stand up and speak out against the extreme leftist bullshit people are being force-fed with. And he can take the battering media shit-storm that ensues when he makes such a move. He is willing to take the punishment in order to change course on this dead-end track we're on.

The fact you chime in on the personal hatred is irrelevant. Baffling, but up to you to do so. You go and stand on the corner with them other, leftist guys and keep chantng "F- Trump", if you want.

I could give a hoot whether or not he grabbed some women's box twenty years ago.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You don't like the person. I suggest a re-assessment of values is in order.

Has it occurred to you I don't like the person after an assessment of his values showed he was an immoral, unethical, ignorant, selfish, pig of a man who is almost certainly compromised by Russia?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Argus said:

Has it occurred to you I don't like the person after an assessment of his values showed he was an immoral, unethical, ignorant, selfish, pig of a man who is almost certainly compromised by Russia?

Yes. 

Ok then. Bring on Biden. You like China better

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...