Political Discussion Forums
Zeitgeist

Time To Stop The Destruction

27 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You really need to up your game a little.

Why, when my game consistently proves to be up enough to keep a medical expert on par with internationally respected experts coming back for more?

You running out of lefties or something?

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

The mass exodus of forum members on the left is

Because they got tired of the conspiracy-laden, science-denying, immigrant-bashing, victim-claiming of the majority of the right-wing on this forum.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dialamah said:

Because they got tired of the conspiracy-laden, science-denying, immigrant-bashing, victim-claiming of the majority of the right-wing on this forum.  

That's not all that takes place here. And wherever else you go you'll find those problems. Writing this place off as such is dismissive denial and refusal to participate, in the good and useful dialoges that can happen.

Instead they put themselves in a place where they cannot hear anything but themselves, and demonize the "other" as you indicated with the above quote.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

Why, when my game consistently proves to be up enough to keep a medical expert on par with internationally respected experts coming back for more?

You running out of lefties or something?

I can post to anyone I want here, and I can ignore them too. It's partly up to you whether I do that.

That's not all that takes place here

True.  

And wherever else you go you'll find those problems.

I haven't found that to be true.  I've seen respectful dialogue between people with different political beliefs as the rule, rather than the exception, in other places.  

Writing this place off as such is dismissive denial and refusal to participate, in the good and useful dialoges that can happen.

People can make their own decisions about how useful, for them, a forum is.  

Instead they put themselves in a place where they cannot hear anything but themselves, and demonize the "other" as you indicated with the above quote.

This forum cannot "hear anything but themselves", and demonizing liberals/progressives/democrsts is rampant.  

It seems to me that several of the more centrist conservative posters have also left this site since the "flight of the lefties".  Why is that, do you suppose?   

57 minutes ago, dialamah said:

This forum cannot "hear anything but themselves", and demonizing liberals/progressives/democrsts is rampant.  

It seems to me that several of the more centrist conservative posters have also left this site since the "flight of the lefties".  Why is that, do you suppose?   

I think everyone is welcome here. There only needs to be one or two disruptive influences to mke the forum unusable, or not worthwhile for mature adults to participate. If you know what I mean.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I think everyone is welcome here

That's true.

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

There only needs to be one or two disruptive influences to mke the forum unusable, or not worthwhile for mature adults to participate. If you know what I mean.

Not really.  

ETA:  Oh wait.  Do you mean that when moderate right- wingers leave its because one or two disruptive influences make the forum not worthwhile, but when moderate left wingers leave, its because they don't want to engage in conversation or find compromises?

If that is what you mean, my suspicion that you are driven by partisanship is increased.  Do you want to clarify?

Edited by dialamah

On 7/19/2020 at 12:43 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Is it time to increase sentencing for vandalism of monuments? Is it time to declare destructive forms of protest as acts of terrorism?

I think the destruction is wanton and must be stopped. Why the word is wanton, I dunno but they are reckless and destroying things, not even in the name of something. You can't destroy without a cause. To be legitimate there has to be a cause...

No I wouldn't call it terrorism. Just a scumbag movement. Filth and detritous are always attracted to any spectacle. Legitimate protest is now defeated.