Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boges

JT to Blue Jays: GTFO!

Recommended Posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Reduce the volume of your quotes.  Please review the following threads: 

Using the [ Quote ] Feature: - 2005

NEW RULE! - Trim Your Posts - 2006

Trim Your Posts and Quotes - 2006

If your reply takes less space than your quote does, then you quoted too much. 

 

 

I am a huge Jay's fan and I agree with this.  Keep the american players out.  All it takes is one idiot to break quarantine or infect staff and cause an outbreak for us.   

 

 

 

Edited by Charles Anthony
DELETED RE-COPIED Opening Post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Better yet...ban the Blue Jays from play.   How many Canadians are on the team anyway ?

Scared we will win the series again?  Better start a strike instead :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Scared we will win the series again?  Better start a strike instead :P

 

How many Canadians are on the team ?

The Toronto team can sit out the season if Canada is too afraid of COVID.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

How many Canadians are on the team ?

The Toronto team can sit out the season if Canada is too afraid of COVID.

The number of Canadians on the team are about as relevant as the number of Americans on the Boston Bruins. 

The Blue Jays own facilities in the US, they'll find a spot. 

Edited by Boges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

MLB players and staff get tested every other day.  Pretty safe if you ask me.

I agree.

JT and the Feds are being political here. 

Both the City of Toronto and Province agreed with the plan. 

Edited by Boges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boges said:

The number of Canadians on the team are about as relevant as the number of Americans on the Boston Bruins. 

The Blue Jays own facilities in the US, they'll find a spot. 

 

They sure will...in the US of A.     Not Canada....which is too scared.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida is so toxic right now that Pennsylvania has said that they want teams coming from Florida to play there. 

The Jays had made a deal to play in the Park the Pittsburg Pirate play in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boges said:

Florida is so toxic right now that Pennsylvania has said that they want teams coming from Florida to play there. 

The Jays had made a deal to play in the Park the Pittsburg Pirate play in. 

 

Toronto's team is still begging for a place to play...now it is Camden Yards in Baltimore if Maryland approves.

Season starts tonight...maybe should have figured this out earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Toronto's team is still begging for a place to play...now it is Camden Yards in Baltimore if Maryland approves.

Season starts tonight...maybe should have figured this out earlier.

Maybe the US COVID-19 situation shouldn't have gotten so much worse that the Federal Government of Pennsylvania didn't want teams flying in from there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boges said:

Maybe the US COVID-19 situation shouldn't have gotten so much worse that the Federal Government of Pennsylvania didn't want teams flying in from there. 

 

COVID doesn't care about Toronto's sob story about finding a stadium.  

Other teams figured it out...so what is Toronto's problem ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Other teams figured it out...so what is Toronto's problem ?

Being in a different country.

There were always backup plans. If anything they'll have to resort to the AAA field in Buffalo.  

The good thing about Camden Yards is that 5 of their road games are already going to be there. Much less travel. 

Edited by Boges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boges said:

Being in a different country.

There were always backup plans. If anything they'll have to resort to the AAA field in Buffalo.  

The good thing about Camden Yards is that 5 of their road games are already going to be there. Much less travel. 

 

Different country ?   Boo-hoo for their Canadian government sob story.

Back-up plans are not good plans if they fall through.

Ban them....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Different country ?   Boo-hoo for their Canadian government sob story.

Just responding to why their plight is different from the Cincinnati Reds. 

Quote

Back-up plans are not good plans if they fall through.

Yeah, who knew Florida would be such a shit show that even people from Western PA wouldn't want people travelling from there. 

Quote

Ban them....

They played in Boston yesterday. They're your problem now. ;)

Edited by Boges

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boges said:

Just responding to why their plight is different from the Cincinnati Reds. 

Yeah, who knew Florida would be such a shit show that even people from Western PA wouldn't want people from there. 

They played in Boston yesterday. They're your problem now. ;)

 

Nothing special about their "plight"....Canada made a decision and screwed them.   Too bad...so sad.

Lots of Canadians are still in Florida to escape other stupid policies and taxes in Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nothing special about their "plight"....Canada made a decision and screwed them.   Too bad...so sad.

Lots of Canadians are still in Florida to escape other stupid policies and taxes in Canada.

You're so mad about this. It's funny. 

If they have to play all 60 games on the road, they will. No fans anyway, it's not a huge disadvantage. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boges said:

You're so mad about this. It's funny. 

If they have to play all 60 games on the road, they will. No fans anyway, it's not a huge disadvantage. 

 

 

You're the one who is rabid about bringing major league sports back...not me.

It is funny to watch the Toronto team scramble to get a place to play at this late juncture.

I never knew that Blue Jays could get so butt-hurt !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

You're the one who is rabid about bringing major league sports back...not me.

Ultimately Pro Sports are a TV product. The NBA and the NHL have it right, just have everyone play in a bubble. 

August is going to be a Sports fans wet dream. 

Quote

 

It is funny to watch the Toronto team scramble to get a place to play at this late juncture.

I never knew that Blue Jays could get so butt-hurt !

 

Please cite how they are butt hurt. 

It's so funny that a country that has a fraction of the COVID cases don't want pro athletes coming in and out from COVID hot zones. Ditto with Western PA. 

Hilarious! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boges said:

Please cite how they are butt hurt. 

 

 

Here is how....their last option was to play in...wait for it...FLORIDA !

Canada is of absolutely no help to a Canadian team.

 

Quote

TORONTO — For the second time in five days, the homeless Toronto Blue Jays watched as a stadium plan fell apart in front of their eyes Wednesday when Pennsylvania state health authorities put the kibosh on a deal between the club and the Pittsburgh Pirates to play out of PNC Park.

Tick, tock ... the clock on the Blue Jays’ home opener, scheduled for July 29, is down to just seven days.

Of the known options we reported Monday, there are three left: Camden Yards in Baltimore, Sahlen Field in Buffalo, or a trek back down to the COVID-19 hotbed of Florida to play out of their spring training complex in Dunedin.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-blue-jays-options-dwindling-as-another-home-stadium-plan-falls-apart-1.1498620

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Blue Jay is looking for a major league baseball stadium too ...to get more peanuts !

 

 

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Here is how....their last option was to play in...wait for it...FLORIDA !

Yeah, their newly renovated Spring Training facility. They already have to play the Marlins and Rays. 

I guess pro's don't want to play in Minor league facilities. 

 

Quote

Canada is of absolutely no help to a Canadian team.

I guess not. I disagree with the ruling. I think the Rogers Centre could have worked as a suitable bubble. 

It's a political decision from the Feds as Toronto and Ontario both approved the Blue Jays plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...