Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Federal government creating inventory of racial minorities.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any position or job should be merit based. 

Merit has no place on the Left. It's ALL identity politics....a fancy phrase for racism.

Ottawa creating ‘inventory’ of racial minorities to fill senior public service posts. Oh just what we need. The federal government apparently doesn't feel there's enough racism and is looking to

Posted Images

On 8/28/2020 at 9:17 AM, Argus said:

Ottawa creating ‘inventory’ of racial minorities to fill senior public service posts.

Oh just what we need. The federal government apparently doesn't feel there's enough racism and is looking to create more by encouraging resentment towards racial minorities. Now every time a senior public servant is non-white everyone will simply assume they've got the job solely due to skin colour. Way to go, brainiacs. By the way, the great majority of these 'racialized' candidates will be immigrants. Somehow or other we have to make it up to them for not hiring their parents - who never lived in Canada! Because according to Statistics Canada 68.8% of visible minorities are immigrants and most of the rest (27%) are their kids, who are likely too young for senior positions in government. Of course, the list will also include indigenous Canadians. After all, only 4% of senior positions are held by indigenous Canadians even though they make up 4% of Canada's population.

The Liberal government wants to create an “inventory” of Black, Indigenous and other racialized people who could play high-ranking roles in the federal public service.

It is looking for an executive search firm to create and maintain the list of candidates from minority groups, as well as people with disabilities, who could be considered for deputy minister and assistant deputy minister positions.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-ottawa-creating-inventory-of-racial-minorities-to-fill-senior-public/#comments

The white people are well on their way to give away their white homeland. Instead of fighting for our white people our politicians have turned against white people. We white people are the ones that are having to live with and put up with racism. But ask any white person if they really give a crap? They are to busy and to stunned to bother and take any interest in such a thing. After all, to say anything will make me appear to be a racist. So, I will just sit down and shut the hell up. Works for me now. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 8:03 AM, Argus said:

For example, a native on a reserve can make a medical appointment in the city, and the department will fly them out there and back. But there's no actual need to keep the appointment, so natives do this in order to go shopping or visit friends.

Having spent a decade living in the North, and many more working in and out of there, you can not imagine just how accurate and common this is.  I was once called to land for a medivac from way up North down to Winnipeg for a mother and child who I learned from discussing enroute were just going for a surprise to visit her husband.  I could write a very large book on how deeply the first Trudeau changed life in the North with social engineering exploiting the aboriginal culture for votes.   All at massive cost to taxpayers and individuals in business. Most Northern air services exist strictly on this basis.   It is so large and pervasive, we used to refer to such things as the "Indian Industry".

That was the learning ground for how to do the immigrant and minority stuff today.   The right answer is not if such-and-such a government post should be filled by merit or privilege, but why the frick does that job exist at all in the first place.   Eric Nielsen had those answers - and it cost his political career.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 12:57 PM, Argus said:

If people are judged on merit then you don't need to hire on colour. And as I pointed out, there virtually were no racial minorities in Canada prior to the liberalization in the late 1970s. Those people who came in often had and have poor English skills and often had education and job skills which don't apply here. The Americans engage in this sort of racial hiring as a means of making up for historical racism. But that didn't exist here, except for natives, and as the article points out, the percentage of natives in high positions is the same as in society at large.

What is the point in hiring someone for a job based on race? Just because no one of that particular race or ethnicity has held the job before? That seems ridiculous.

Quote

If people are judged on merit then you don't need to hire on colour.

That would be ideal but that is really not the case.

Quote

And as I pointed out, there virtually were no racial minorities in Canada prior to the liberalization in the late 1970s.

We are currently in the year 2020. The make up of Canada in the 1970's has no bearing on today.

Quote

Those people who came in often had and have poor English skills and often had education and job skills which don't apply here.

You are making a very broad generalization here.

Quote

The Americans engage in this sort of racial hiring as a means of making up for historical racism. But that didn't exist here

Racism most certainly exists in Canada.

Quote

What is the point in hiring someone for a job based on race? Just because no one of that particular race or ethnicity has held the job before? That seems ridiculous.

It is to counter the bias that minorities are not qualified for these positions because they are not white men.

 

On 8/28/2020 at 9:37 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

When I was a kid Jesus appeared to me and I asked him "Jesus, how do we cure racism?", and Jesus said "By being racist, my son".

You need to look up the definition of racism:

Quote

Racism is a set of mistaken assumptions, opinions and actions resulting from the belief that one group of people categorized by colour or ancestry is inherently superior to another. Racism may be present in organizational and institutional policies, programs and practices, as well as in the attitudes and behaviour of individuals.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How is a hiring policy based on race, where white's are effectively excluded, not in itself a racist policy?

How can any fair minded person argue against hiring policies that are completely based on merit?

Does racism exist in Canada? Yes there is racism here but I would argue that on the whole Canada is not a racist country. The argument that Western society, North American and in Europe are racist kind of falls apart by the undeniable fact that so many people "of colour" are wanting to come and live in our society. 

However, we are not a colour-blind country if we keep up with these idiotic  politically correct policies. Ensure equal opportunity,not equal outcome. How many prominent white politicians who endorse these hiring practices would willingly give up their own position to be filled by a visible minority?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Abies said:

That would be ideal but that is really not the case.

It should be the case for government, at the least. We should not be hiring based on race.

8 hours ago, Abies said:

We are currently in the year 2020. The make up of Canada in the 1970's has no bearing on today.

No, it has everything to do with today. We have no historical injury to make up for. Almost all visible minorities in Canada can trace their ancestry here only back as far as the late 1970s.

8 hours ago, Abies said:

You are making a very broad generalization here.

Not really. Very few of our immigrants, particularly visible minorities, come from English speaking countries. Naturally their grasp of the language is imperfect. They come from third world countries, so of course, their skillset is aimed at the skillset needed for jobs in those countries, not this one. The standards tend to be higher here.

8 hours ago, Abies said:

Racism most certainly exists in Canada.

I didn't say it didn't exist. I said giving preferential treatment to visible minorities is an attempt to make up for historical racism which did not exist here since these people's ancestors were not present in Canada.

8 hours ago, Abies said:

It is to counter the bias that minorities are not qualified for these positions because they are not white men.

Hiring by merit would take care of that. Hiring for race is - racism. How about that? It also inspires resentment, suspicion, jealousy, anger, and resentment.

8 hours ago, Abies said:

You need to look up the definition of racism:

No. I really don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Argus said:

It should be the case for government, at the least. We should not be hiring based on race.

No, it has everything to do with today. We have no historical injury to make up for. Almost all visible minorities in Canada can trace their ancestry here only back as far as the late 1970s.

Not really. Very few of our immigrants, particularly visible minorities, come from English speaking countries. Naturally their grasp of the language is imperfect. They come from third world countries, so of course, their skillset is aimed at the skillset needed for jobs in those countries, not this one. The standards tend to be higher here.

I didn't say it didn't exist. I said giving preferential treatment to visible minorities is an attempt to make up for historical racism which did not exist here since these people's ancestors were not present in Canada.

Hiring by merit would take care of that. Hiring for race is - racism. How about that? It also inspires resentment, suspicion, jealousy, anger, and resentment.

No. I really don't.

Quote

It should be the case for government, at the least. We should not be hiring based on race.

We shouldn't but inherent biases on the employers part means other measures need to be taken.

Quote

No, it has everything to do with today. We have no historical injury to make up for. Almost all visible minorities in Canada can trace their ancestry here only back as far as the late 1970s.

Just because we didn't have a historical injury in the past doesn't mean that no issue exists today.

Quote

Not really. Very few of our immigrants, particularly visible minorities, come from English speaking countries. Naturally their grasp of the language is imperfect. They come from third world countries, so of course, their skillset is aimed at the skillset needed for jobs in those countries, not this one. The standards tend to be higher here.

As Mr.Incredible would say, "Math is Math." Canada admits plenty of skilled immigrants from third world countries, it is the bias of employers that think standards are higher here.

Quote

I didn't say it didn't exist. I said giving preferential treatment to visible minorities is an attempt to make up for historical racism which did not exist here since these people's ancestors were not present in Canada.

Quite the contradiction.

Quote

Hiring by merit would take care of that. Hiring for race is - racism. How about that? It also inspires resentment, suspicion, jealousy, anger, and resentment.

Except inherent biases on the hiring side tends to override merit. And as I just posted the definition of racism, hiring minorities to balance the make up of government isn't racism. Nobody is saying one race is better than the other in this case compared to hiring managers thinking only white men are qualified.

Edited by Abies
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Abies said:

We shouldn't but inherent biases on the employers part means other measures need to be taken.

Biases go in both directions. Try to apply to a small business operated by an Indo-Canadian, or Chinese-Canadian or Arab-Canadian if you're white. But just because this sometimes happens that does not demonstrate a need for government intervention.

15 hours ago, Abies said:

Just because we didn't have a historical injury in the past doesn't mean that no issue exists today.

No one has demonstrated there is an issue which requires racist hiring practices by government.

15 hours ago, Abies said:

As Mr.Incredible would say, "Math is Math." Canada admits plenty of skilled immigrants from third world countries, it is the bias of employers that think standards are higher here.

It admits few skilled immigrants from third world countries. Only 17% of immigrants are admitted for their skills. The rest of the vast horde are merely family members or refugee claimants.

15 hours ago, Abies said:

Except inherent biases on the hiring side tends to override merit.

Not demonstrated.

15 hours ago, Abies said:

hiring minorities to balance the make up of government isn't racism.

Apparently you don't understand what racism is. Perhaps you could post a definition.

15 hours ago, Abies said:

Nobody is saying one race is better than the other in this case compared to hiring managers thinking only white men are qualified.

No hiring managers think only white men are qualified. Nor have you nor the government demonstrated this is the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2020 at 9:17 AM, Argus said:

The federal government apparently doesn't feel there's enough racism and is looking to create more by encouraging resentment towards racial minorities. Now every time a senior public servant is non-white everyone will simply assume they've got the job solely due to skin colour.

You mean you're going to resent racial minorities even more? I didn't know that was possible.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, Abies said:

We shouldn't but inherent biases on the employers part means other measures need to be taken.

Measures need to be taken but they need to go both ways. I'm sick of 'racial bias training' that always assumes that white people are the one, the only, the big bad racists of all time.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Eg, in Surrey there's a thing called the APNA pages (in Punjabi apna means "one of our own") where only indo-Canadians can advertise the services of their businesses. How is that even a thing?  That's as racist as it gets. We all know that a registry that was exclusively for white-owned businesses would be shouted down instantly, but no one in power ever brings up the existence of the APNA pages or similar bigoted entities. 

 

Just an observation, the people who scream the loudest about racism are usually either racists themselves, or their ideas are completely idiotic. This whole issue has been seized by malcontents and virue-signallers, and not decent, intelligent, fair people with a positive plan that is designed to actually eliminate racism from our society. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On FB I've seen quite a few posts saying that Trudeau is giving $220M to "black entrepreneurs" now lol.

Just how dark does your skin need to be to qualify? I can get darker than a brown paper bag, can I get some loot? I mean, it's 2020, can't we all just identify as who/whatever we want now? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 8:58 AM, marcus said:

Canada was never owned by any racial group. 

Well, according to the native Indians of Canada who do appear to belong to a racial group has pretty much always told us that this country was/is still their owned and operated native Indian land and they occupied Canada long before the white people ever came along. And like the Indians of today the white people will soon become a minority just like them and we white people will also find ourselves in Indian minority shoes. The government creates racism and then tries to pretend that they are going to fix that racism. Government has always been the problem, and never the solution. When the government touches anything like racism they will totally screw things up. Help create a racist problem and you are going to be the party to fight that racism. That may well just get that party to win the next election. Just saying. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, taxme said:

Well, according to the native Indians of Canada who do appear to belong to a racial group has pretty much always told us that this country was/is still their owned and operated native Indian land and they occupied Canada long before the white people ever came along. And like the Indians of today the white people will soon become a minority just like them and we white people will also find ourselves in Indian minority shoes. The government creates racism and then tries to pretend that they are going to fix that racism. Government has always been the problem, and never the solution. When the government touches anything like racism they will totally screw things up. Help create a racist problem and you are going to be the party to fight that racism. That may well just get that party to win the next election. Just saying. ;)

What do you mean by "And like the Indians of today the white people will soon become a minority just like them and we white people will also find ourselves in Indian minority shoes."?

I have a hard time accepting your comparison between the white settlers and the first nations. What the European settlers did to the First Nations is something that will not be repeated in this day and age. Laws are different. Culturally and morally: So much of what was done in the past is unacceptable today. Like residential schools and forcing people to forget their language, customs and culture.

Migration has been around since humans have been around. There is potential that those who are descendant of European migrants might become a minority in Canada, as people from the rest of the world immigrate here. No one ethnic group will be the majority. We're already seeing this in the big cities. The big cities have their own problems, like any other city would. This will not be a bad thing. Even though we have a mix of ethnicities in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal, they have been recognized as top cities in the world, as far as quality of life. Not sure why you're so scared. Mixing people, at the end of the day, works. We have proof of this.

Edited by marcus
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, marcus said:

What do you mean by "And like the Indians of today the white people will soon become a minority just like them and we white people will also find ourselves in Indian minority shoes."?

I have a hard time accepting your comparison between the white settlers and the first nations. What the European settlers did to the First Nations is something that will not be repeated in this day and age. Laws are different. Culturally and morally: So much of what was done in the past is unacceptable today. Like residential schools and forcing people to forget their language, customs and culture.

Migration has been around since humans have been around. There is potential that those who are descendant of European migrants might become a minority in Canada, as people from the rest of the world immigrate here. No one ethnic group will be the majority. We're already seeing this in the big cities. The big cities have their own problems, like any other city would. This will not be a bad thing. Even though we have a mix of ethnicities in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal, they have been recognized as top cities in the world, as far as quality of life. Not sure why you're so scared. Mixing people, at the end of the day, works. We have proof of this.

Well spoken by a true multiculturalist and diversity spokes thingy. I call those two mentioned white racial genocide or white racial suicide. If the native Indians thinks that things are bad for them today thanks to old whitey coming along just wait until old whitey becomes a minority like they are in Canada. Do you honestly believe that non-whites will give a chit about native Indians if old whitey goes minority in Canada? Not very likely. The native Indians better hope that old whitey does not go minority. Then they will really have something to cry about. There will be no more free tax dollars for them. That I can pretty much guarantee. All just my opinion of course. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 12:50 PM, WestCanMan said:

Measures need to be taken but they need to go both ways. I'm sick of 'racial bias training' that always assumes that white people are the one, the only, the big bad racists of all time.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Eg, in Surrey there's a thing called the APNA pages (in Punjabi apna means "one of our own") where only indo-Canadians can advertise the services of their businesses. How is that even a thing?  That's as racist as it gets. We all know that a registry that was exclusively for white-owned businesses would be shouted down instantly, but no one in power ever brings up the existence of the APNA pages or similar bigoted entities. 

 

Just an observation, the people who scream the loudest about racism are usually either racists themselves, or their ideas are completely idiotic. This whole issue has been seized by malcontents and virue-signallers, and not decent, intelligent, fair people with a positive plan that is designed to actually eliminate racism from our society. 

When it comes to East Indians or Asians most of them can pretty much survive in BC without speaking English or having to deal with old whitey. They have their own businesses, their own TV/radio, houses of worship, newspapers, community services and even schools. And on top of it all, our BC government will speak to them in their own language. How is that for multicutluralism gone wrong where foreigners can immigrate to Canada and begin to pretty much start to carry on in BC like they did back home.

There is no more new immigrants being forced to assimilate being done in BC or Canada today. It is the host white people that are now being pretty much expected to accept foreign cultures and traditions as a part of their life as if those foreigners have been here since Canada was founded by white people. Muslims and East Indians have shown us already that they have no intentions of becoming a part of Canadian culture and traditions. But they do not mind taking full advantage of some of those traditions and social and medical services offered by white Canadians.

It seems today that only white people are to be seen as racists, but yet as you already pointed out about APNA, they have no intentions of assimilating into Canadian culture and ways of life. They appear to only have contempt for Canadian culture. APNA is racist but not one Canadian politician nor the phony Canadian media has the guts to say anything. Those two are the ones that will eventually destroy this white country with their forced multiculturalism just so as not to look or be called racist. But then again this might be all part of a bigger and bad plan for Canada and white people. Hey, we never know, eh?  :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 3:15 PM, taxme said:

Well spoken by a true multiculturalist and diversity spokes thingy. I call those two mentioned white racial genocide or white racial suicide. If the native Indians thinks that things are bad for them today thanks to old whitey coming along just wait until old whitey becomes a minority like they are in Canada. Do you honestly believe that non-whites will give a chit about native Indians if old whitey goes minority in Canada? Not very likely. The native Indians better hope that old whitey does not go minority. Then they will really have something to cry about. There will be no more free tax dollars for them. That I can pretty much guarantee. All just my opinion of course. ;)

You're getting distracted. Your original comment was that the whites will experience what the first nations did because of immigration. I argued against that. 

Now you're talking about "what if..." and "this would have happened.." and "white racial genocide". All anecdotal and assumptions, based on no proof or real information.

We have laws that are the basis for a well-functioning society. Immigration didn't just happen. It has been ongoing since Canada was formed. There are always different waves of immigration from before you and I were born. And guess what: Canada continues to evolve and continues to become better, overall.

As much as I understand there are challenges when different cultures come together, I love multiculturalism. I love learning about other cultures and adopting better ways of doing things. I love new food. New music and new perspectives. I am not afraid of it. I don't see it as a threat to the well-being of me or my family or to our country.

 

Edited by marcus
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marcus said:

As much as I understand there are challenges when different cultures come together, I love multiculturalism. I love learning about other cultures and adopting better ways of doing things. I love new food. New music and new perspectives. I am not afraid of it. I don't see it as a threat to the well-being of me or my family or to our country.

Me too, thank you for saying this so well.  My neighborhood would be so much less interesting filled with all-white people, doing all the same things in all the same fashions.  Yeah sometimes the curry smell is a bit overpowering, but I'd miss the beautiful saris and the color coordination of turbans with today's outfit.  And who doesn't love the lights of Diwali from October to November?  Or driving by the beautiful architecture of various Churches, Temples and Mosques?   Giving up Chinese New Year or the annual Greek Days Festival just to keep Canada White isn't acceptable, and think of the food we'd lose without immigration.  Middle Eastern food is some of the best food I've ever tasted, not as spicy as SA, much tastier than the bland British food I grew up with.  Who would really want to give up Sushi or Pho or Greek or Italian or real Chinese food in exchange for the meat/potatoe/vegetable Canadian speciality (though I love that too, of course).

My life is much richer because of immigrants to this country.  And the ability to be accepting and tolerant, as a country, is a strength.  It gives us friends around the world.

ETA ... I forgot to say that one of the best feelings in the world is connecting with someone you thought was so different, and finding out just how similiar you are under the skin, or even under the religion or political ideology.

Edited by dialamah
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 10:26 AM, WestCanMan said:

On FB I've seen quite a few posts saying that Trudeau is giving $220M to "black entrepreneurs" now lol.

Just how dark does your skin need to be to qualify? I can get darker than a brown paper bag, can I get some loot? I mean, it's 2020, can't we all just identify as who/whatever we want now? 

Maybe the darker the more money you get...   talk about creating division.  look at this ad where they are Looking to diversify DND’s Executive Team. Whites not need apply as hiring is based on skin colour!!

https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?from=linkedin&poster=1493510

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Maybe the darker the more money you get...   talk about creating division.  look at this ad where they are Looking to diversify DND’s Executive Team. Whites not need apply as hiring is based on skin colour!!

https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?from=linkedin&poster=1493510

It just says "visible minorities". I actually qualify for that. I'm among the 5% of people on the planet that don't have brown eyes and black hair. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 7:26 AM, WestCanMan said:

On FB I've seen quite a few posts saying that Trudeau is giving $220M to "black entrepreneurs" now lol.

Just how dark does your skin need to be to qualify? I can get darker than a brown paper bag, can I get some loot? I mean, it's 2020, can't we all just identify as who/whatever we want now? 

I recommend following up the information you got from facebook to see if it's true.

Facebook memes don't have much credibility.

Edited by marcus
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, marcus said:

I recommend following up the information you got from facebook to see if it's true.

Facebook memes don't have much credibility.

1) In a country where our main MSM sources are CBC, Global and CTV news, FB memes are an extremely important source of news. There are a lot of important stories that those guys would rather we remain unaware of. I don't actually watch CBC, Global or CTV at all anymore, it's a complete waste of time.

2) Here's a video of Trudeau saying it himself. https://www.citizenfreepress.com/column-3/trudeau-announces-220m-black-entrepreneurship-program/ Is it old or something? Seems legit to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is legit, there is also extra funding for black mental health  as the Liberals claim Black Canadians disproportionately have mental health issues - and are excluding other groups from new funding. This is total systemic racism by the Liberals.   It is sowing division and discontent, dividing people into tribes, each with their own hearth.  It seems that 'progression' is now retrogression as we seem to be slipping back into apartheid and segregation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/black-mental-health-report-community-reaction-1.5688803

Pretty ridiculous if a group that has problems can't get resources... and then is accused by whites of racism IMO.

"Why doesn't my town in the desert get any flood relief from the government.  THAT'S RACIST !" :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/black-mental-health-report-community-reaction-1.5688803

Pretty ridiculous if a group that has problems can't get resources... and then is accused by whites of racism IMO.

"Why doesn't my town in the desert get any flood relief from the government.  THAT'S RACIST !" :lol:

I understand there are reserves without clean drinking water wondering why the government is not providing that infrastructure and service. How dare they? They're racist against whites.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...