Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Is America splitting apart?


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, sharkman said:

This climate is a dangerous one that’s not been seen before like this in the US.  That’s all I’m saying here.   Where it goes from here no one can say.

 

The U.S. has certainly seen this before, but it has never had the media bandwidth to amplify and fight the ideology battles on such a scale down to the individual level.   Partisanship has been democratized with technology that is far more efficient and penetrating than plodding letters to the editor.

There are no more barriers to media entry, and the more partisan and inflammatory, the better to drive clicks and responses that drive even more views and clicks.   Hard, objective news has become passe and underfunded because the old revenue model is broken.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The U.S. has certainly seen this before, but it has never had the media bandwidth to amplify and fight the ideology battles on such a scale down to the individual level.   Partisanship has been democr

What concerns me is the increasing lack of tolerance towards the opposing side.   That Twitter, Facebook and big tech are suppressing conservative support of a sitting president I’ve just never seen b

For the above video, I'll just give you a snippet of what she's saying.  She lays the foundation of Yugoslavia after the wall was taken down and the Yugoslavian government realized they needed to rebr

Posted Images

On 11/15/2020 at 8:45 AM, sharkman said:

For the above video, I'll just give you a snippet of what she's saying.  She lays the foundation of Yugoslavia after the wall was taken down and the Yugoslavian government realized they needed to rebrand themselves as National Socialists, and hang onto power.  They used the playbook that was so successful(at the beginning) in Nazi Germany...

 

 

As Trump says...they're not really after me...they're after you...and I'm in the way.

Step one is to dehumanize your opponent by dividing the population along lines of fracture....religious...political...racial...economic...etc...the more fractured the better.

Step one complete...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

...Step one is to dehumanize your opponent by dividing the population along lines of fracture....religious...political...racial...economic...etc...the more fractured the better.

 

Indeed....Senator Barack Obama in 2008:

 

Quote

Obama was caught in an uncharacteristic moment of loose language. Referring to working-class voters in old industrial towns decimated by job losses, the presidential hopeful said: "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Antifa, to a rightie, might as well be the NKVD or the SS...either will do.

The reality is that she's the pretty college kid down the street with daddy issues...and this is how she gets back at mommy. Mixed-up...stupid...easily led by professors who are more akin to Beria than Martin Luther King...

hqdefault.jpg

 

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

As Trump says...they're not really after me...they're after you...and I'm in the way.

Step one is to dehumanize your opponent 

Step one complete...

So close and yet so far. 

Trump's dehumanizing comments about women.

Trump's dehumazing of immigrants and refugees.

Trump's rhetoric supports dehumization among Americans, and especially among the alt-right.

"Last year, a psychological survey of the alt-right — an ideological group that supports white nationalism — found even higher levels of dehumanization for many of these groups. On average, the alt-righters in the survey rated Muslims at a 55.4 (again, out of 100), Democrats at 60.4, black people at 64.7, Mexicans at 67.7, journalists at 58.6, Jews at 73, and feminists at 57. These groups appear as subhumans to those taking the survey. And what about white people? They were scored at a noble 91.8."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dialamah said:

So close and yet so far. 

Trump's dehumanizing comments about women.

Trump's dehumazing of immigrants and refugees.

Trump's rhetoric supports dehumization among Americans, and especially among the alt-right.

"Last year, a psychological survey of the alt-right — an ideological group that supports white nationalism — found even higher levels of dehumanization for many of these groups. On average, the alt-righters in the survey rated Muslims at a 55.4 (again, out of 100), Democrats at 60.4, black people at 64.7, Mexicans at 67.7, journalists at 58.6, Jews at 73, and feminists at 57. These groups appear as subhumans to those taking the survey. And what about white people? They were scored at a noble 91.8."

 

I don't mind if you personally support attacking Trump supporters in the streets. Justify it all you like...but, it's going to lead to war. Real war...one you & I won't be able to escape...

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

I don't mind if you personally support attacking Trump supporters in the streets. Justify it all you like...but, it's going to lead to war. Real war...one you & I won't be able to escape...

Maybe if the cultists weren't so blind to their leader's behavior - sulking and whining because he lost the election, fair and square - there would be no need to point out to them the lies and hypocrisy of their cult.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Maybe if the cultists weren't so blind to their leader's behavior - sulking and whining because he lost the election, fair and square - there would be no need to point out to them the lies and hypocrisy of their cult.

I thought you meant Hillary at first, and 2016.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I thought you meant Hillary at first, and 2016.

In 2016, did Hillary (or Obama) sit in the White House weeks after the election, declaring that Hillary had actually won, that there was fraud and launching (failing) court case after (failing) court case to prove it? 

The answer is no - but in 2020 that is what Trump and his cult are doing.

In 2016 did Hillary concede immediately after it was clear she'd lost?  Yes - but in 2020 Trump continues to refuse to do so, whining like a five-year old.

In 2016 did Obama immediately invite Trump to the White House and start the process to transfer power?  Yes - but in 2020 Trump refuses to do that, putting American security at risk.

Your attempt to compare the behaviors of Hillary in 2016 as remotely similar to Trump in 2020 fails on every level.  You should be embarrassed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dialamah said:

In 2016, did Hillary (or Obama) sit in the White House weeks after the election, declaring that Hillary had actually won, that there was fraud and launching (failing) court case after (failing) court case to prove it? 

The answer is no - but in 2020 that is what Trump and his cult are doing.

In 2016 did Hillary concede immediately after it was clear she'd lost?  Yes - but in 2020 Trump continues to refuse to do so, whining like a five-year old.

In 2016 did Obama immediately invite Trump to the White House and start the process to transfer power?  Yes - but in 2020 Trump refuses to do that, putting American security at risk.

Your attempt to compare the behaviors of Hillary in 2016 as remotely similar to Trump in 2020 fails on every level.  You should be embarrassed.

What exactly did she do?  Sulking and claiming she actually won for years afterward and giving silent assent to the rioting, looting and attacks that occurred months afterwards and caused billions of $ damage.  
 

And during her campaign she helped spread the fraudulent Steele Dossier that was never backed up by a single source.  And she recently was still claiming she won.
 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Maybe if the cultists weren't so blind to their leader's behavior - sulking and whining because he lost the election, fair and square - there would be no need to point out to them the lies and hypocrisy of their cult.

 

Thus the issue...the fair & square bit...

Was there fraud? We'd better find out...NOW. 

Right now you have 74 million people...cultists as you call them...that are pretty convinced that your guys stole the Presidency. There's evidence to support their claims. Ignore at your peril.

Edited by DogOnPorch
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Sulking and claiming she actually won for years afterward and giving silent assent to the rioting, looting and attacks that occurred months afterwards and caused billions of $ damage.  

Odd how Trump cultists criticize silence as assent to violence, but when their Orange God explicitly promotes, out loud, violence against his opponents - they say nothing, or even defend him.

DAF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Right now you have 74 million people...cultists as you call them...that are pretty convinced that your guys stole the Presidency. There's evidence to support their claims. Ignore at your peril.

Right now, there are 78 million people who believe that Biden won the election and that there was no fraud.  Ignore them at your peril.

Even among the 74 million who voted for Trump, at least 30% believe Biden won.  That's a total of 100 million people who you would ignore - at your peril.

There is no evidence to support claims of deliberate and widespread fraud in order to ensure Biden won.  That's a fantasy dreamed up by Trump and believed by his cult.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Right now, there are 78 million people who believe that Biden won the election and that there was no fraud.  Ignore them at your peril.

Even among the 74 million who voted for Trump, at least 30% believe Biden won.  That's a total of 100 million people who you would ignore - at your peril.

There is no evidence to support claims of deliberate and widespread fraud in order to ensure Biden won.  That's a fantasy dreamed up by Trump and believed by his cult.

 

 

I hope you're brave when the shooting starts...you'll need it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Obama should mind his own business....

You don't see George Bush sticking his nose in there!

Ah, yeah you do ...

Quote

Mr Bush added pressure on Mr Trump to accept the outcome of the ballot. He said: "The American people can have confidence that this election was fundamentally fair, its integrity will be upheld, and its outcome is clear."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-election-biden-romney-george-w-bush-b1704986.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

I hope you're brave when the shooting starts...you'll need it.

Why should there be shooting when it's demonstrated, over and over again, that Biden won and Trump lost?  Why do Trump cultists threaten violence when they don't get their way?  Why are they so unwilling to accept their loss?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dialamah said:

Why should there be shooting when it's demonstrated, over and over again, that Biden won and Trump lost?  Why do Trump cultists threaten violence when they don't get their way?  Why are they so unwilling to accept their loss?

 

Why indeed? 

Anyways...you don't seem cut-out for combat...

So don't wish for it.

There is evidence of fraud...it needs to be addressed. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Right now, there are 78 million people who believe that Biden won the election and that there was no fraud.  Ignore them at your peril.

Even among the 74 million who voted for Trump, at least 30% believe Biden won.  That's a total of 100 million people who you would ignore - at your peril.

There is no evidence to support claims of deliberate and widespread fraud in order to ensure Biden won.  That's a fantasy dreamed up by Trump and believed by his cult.

 

There are not 78 million who believe that.  Look, we could go back and forth on Clinton and Trump’s evils all day.  However, it would be useless, you are not going to convince me of anything.  And you are as dogmatic as I’ve seen(calling people cultists and such) so what’s the point?

Its the left that has fostered/encouraged rioting which is about as pointless as monkeys flinging  crap.  I note with disappointment that you never condemned the thugs roughing up the women and children in DC on the weekend.

i don’t think I can help you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

 

Why indeed? 

Anyways...you don't seem cut-out for combat...

So don't wish for it.

There is evidence of fraud...it needs to be addressed. 

 

And every case that's been brought to court has failed.  Lawyers, when pressed by judges have said - in so many words - they are not alleging fraud.  Trump's legal team has started to withdraw their cases.  

If every "evidence" of fraud is dismissed by the courts from now till January 20th, are you going to accept that Trump lost?  Or will you still be threatening violence on behalf of Trump?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...