Political Discussion Forums

Is America splitting apart?

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

And every case that's been brought to court has failed.  Lawyers, when pressed by judges have said - in so many words - they are not alleging fraud.  Trump's legal team has started to withdraw their cases.  

If every "evidence" of fraud is dismissed by the courts from now till January 20th, are you going to accept that Trump lost?  Or will you still be threatening violence on behalf of Trump?

There's evidence of fraud...it needs to be investigated completely.

Again...you don't seem cut-out for combat, so don't wish for it. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The U.S. has certainly seen this before, but it has never had the media bandwidth to amplify and fight the ideology battles on such a scale down to the individual level.   Partisanship has been democr

What concerns me is the increasing lack of tolerance towards the opposing side.   That Twitter, Facebook and big tech are suppressing conservative support of a sitting president I’ve just never seen b

For the above video, I'll just give you a snippet of what she's saying.  She lays the foundation of Yugoslavia after the wall was taken down and the Yugoslavian government realized they needed to rebr

Posted Images

Just now, dialamah said:

You are the one wishing for it; nobody but you mentioned any violence.

Your sophomore phycology isn't going to save you once the shooting starts. You can pretend I'm the cause all you like. 

• Like 1
Just now, DogOnPorch said:

You can pretend I'm the cause all you like. 

You are the guy who threatened "consequences", and then brought up shooting. Why wouldn't I think you are the cause?   Why should you get a pass for implying violence if we don't accept Trump's claims of fraud?

Just now, dialamah said:

You are the guy who threatened "consequences", and then brought up shooting. Why wouldn't I think you are the cause?   Why should you get a pass for implying violence if we don't accept Trump's claims of fraud?

You can shoot the messenger all day and your problem will not disappear. 

• Like 1
Just now, dialamah said:

As you haven't been able to give a meaningful response in your last three attempts, I accept your surrender.  B)

There's evidence of fraud...it needs to be investigated completely. If it isn't...trouble.

Again...you don't seem cut-out for combat, so don't wish for it. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, sharkman said:

What concerns me is the increasing lack of tolerance towards the opposing side.   That Twitter, Facebook and big tech are suppressing conservative support of a sitting president I’ve just never seen before.

Wordpress just told a conservative group that they have a limited amount of time to find another provider because their views don’t line up with Wordpress.  YouTube takes down videos of people talking about the election with a conservative viewpoint.

Intolerance comes from things like media corruption here. 

I don't mean to single out USA today because WashPo, CNN, NYT and all the other fake news outlets posted similar disinformation on their various platforms. I'm just not rounding up all the links. 

Those people know that there's a certain percentage of people who lack the reading comprehension to make sense of what they're looking at, some are ignorant enough to just believe it without checking into it, and there are people who are happy to just lie right along with them just to smear someone that they don't like. In the end it adds up to millions of people who are saying things like this that simply aren't true, for one reason or another. 

There are even people on this site who still honestly believe that Trump referred to all immigrants as animals because of dishonest reporting like this. Obviously the people here take an an active interest in politics, so they follow these things closely, yet they're still completely sucked in by fake news. It's actually impossible for a certain percentage of the population to not be sucked in by things that they see on major news networks. 

And truly, anyone who believes what they see on CNN really shouldn't have tolerance towards Trump supporters because according to CNN's narrative Trump supporters really are morally repugnant.

We can't really blame CNN's followers for being stupid enough to believe them though, because stupid people are just a fact of life and they will always exist. We should however, be really angry about the lying and the disinformation that CNN and their fellow fake media members are spreading.

If my dog is following a red laser dot that my son is moving around the floor, and it's knocking over people and tables, I don't get mad at my dog because I don't expect it to know any better. It's obviously my kid that's to blame. If people are dancing to CNN's tune I don't blame them, because CNN is using sophisticated, proven techniques for manipulating humans and it's hard for people to believe that a major news network is blatantly lying to them.

How far are these fake news guys interested in going is the real question. "You can always convince half of the poor people to kill the other half."

Are they happy with the current level of violence (like what is ignored in Washington recently and all the beatings and killings during the riots), or are they going to keep on ramping up the rhetoric against police, conservatives, Christians, etc? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, sharkman said:

What the evidence points to is collusion between the MSM, the democrat party and antifa/blm.  And now big tech.

Its a state of affairs that any reasonable person can see is unbalanced.

Agreed. The Dems, CNN/MSNBC, and Antifa/BLM are all thick as thieves. 

You'll see guys from big tech getting jobs in the Biden administration if he gets in, just like you commonly see guys who were big Pharma execs getting jobs in the FDA, etc.

Oh I don’t doubt it.  This unholy alliance(oops I forgot one, higher education), just like racism, has the outcome of having conservatives leaving the places they are not welcome.  Twitter, Facebook, etc., as well as turning off the major networks and being ostracized for 4 years should they go to college. 

So people are segregating from each other and the healthy exchange of differing views is diminished.

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

Oh I don’t doubt it.  This unholy alliance(oops I forgot one, higher education), just like racism, has the outcome of having conservatives leaving the places they are not welcome.  Twitter, Facebook, etc., as well as turning off the major networks and being ostracized for 4 years should they go to college. 

So people are segregating from each other and the healthy exchange of differing views is diminished.

Preying on children in universities is sick, but campuses are a ripe spot for religions, cults and activist groups to recruit lost, lonely, impressionable kids who are away from home for the first time and have no real bonds yet.

You'd assume that people who go to universities are by and large more well-equipped to jump certain mental hurdles than people who are less educated, but in a lot of instances the people who leave home to learn by rote from their so-called 'superiors' are the easiest to program. They become accustomed to just soaking up what they hear and focusing so hard on memorizing it that they aren't actually thinking critically about it. 

It blows me away that people can watch some of the blatant lies that they tell on CTV without even having a clue wth is going on.

Lisa LaFlamme: "Did Donald Trump commit treason? Here's video of what Jeff Sessions said undrr oath..."

*video of JS talking* "I did not talk to any Russians government officials or agents about collusion'

*insert DRAMATIC eyebrow lift and butt-ugly smirk here* "But he was caught on tape talking to a Russian." GASP..... and...... and....... and..... and.... and.... *and crickets*. There are no worthwhile facts in the whole skit, you're just supposed to ASSUME that there's enough evidence to support a treason charge against a sitting President based on Lisa LaFlamme's facial expressions. It's very powerful stuff for a small-minded leftist, but for people who reserve their judgement until there's at least a credible statement made under oath or some type of video evidence it's just spin and disinformation. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • 3 weeks later...

You have to wonder just what is happening to the Republican party down south. It seems to be collapsing, with reasonable, intelligent people driven away by shrill extremists and nut jobs. This seems to be accelerating, with the cult of Trump willing to embrace any conspiracy theory, any belief, as long as it supports the Great Leader.

Riggleman’s own evolution — from conservative Republican in a mostly rural western Virginia district to GOP outcast whose bid for reelection was thwarted by his own party — is one of the minor but more interesting political dramas of the year. After a 15-year career as an Air Force intelligence officer and later as a NSA contractor specializing in counterterrorism issues, Riggleman was elected to Congress two years ago during a campaign in which he pledged to join the tea party–friendly House Freedom Caucus.

But Riggleman, a self-styled libertarian who runs a whiskey distillery with his wife, started to find himself out of step with a chunk of his constituents last year when he presided over a same-sex wedding of two of his aides. He came under ferocious attack. Some of his less vociferous critics offered him a deal: repent and pray and they might earn their votes again. “You guys can imagine what my answer was,” Riggleman said.

His refusal didn’t go over well. “I was told I’m the anti-Christ,” Riggleman said. “My wife was called the spawn of Satan.”

But Riggleman’s disaffection with many in his district only grew with the rise of QAnon, the cult-like conspiracy movement whose followers believe that a Deep State cabal of child sex traffickers and devil worshipers is working with Democrats to sabotage Donald Trump’s presidency. And if he had any doubts about the reach of this bizarre movement, they were clarified when retired Army Gen. Mike Flynn, the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency and briefly Trump’s national security adviser, posted a video of himself this summer taking a QAnon-inspired oath: ‘Where we go one, we go all!’"

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/republican-lawmaker-likens-trump-votefraud-crusade-to-the-search-for-bigfoot-130019525.html

On 12/9/2020 at 10:14 AM, Argus said:

You have to wonder just what is happening to the Republican party down south. It seems to be collapsing, with reasonable, intelligent people driven away by shrill extremists and nut jobs. This seems to be accelerating, with the cult of Trump willing to embrace any conspiracy theory, any belief, as long as it supports the Great Leader.

Sorry thought you meant the Dems and their shrill extremist nutjobs for a moment there.

So pick your poison, Argus.

I guess my point is, yeah...

Edited by OftenWrong
  • 5 weeks later...

This is, I think, a reasoned conservative view of the problems besetting US politics, and in particular, how to survive and recover from Donald Trump. Which the Republican Party must do if it is to prevent the Left from running rampant.

Trump’s Exit

Encouraging a mob to target his own allies and disrupt the rule of law, the president has ended his tenure disgracefully—and emboldened the Left.

Though the physical damage inflicted by these insurrectionary wannabes was negligible compared with the hundreds of millions of dollars of property theft, the loss of life, and the destruction of thousands of livelihoods during this summer and fall’s race riots, the symbolic damage was far greater. These boors had defaced the supreme symbol of popular sovereignty and of the rule of law. They tried to substitute brute force for constitutional processes governing the transfer of political power. And they have set a precedent that makes other such usurpations more likely, each one sending us in the direction of Third World anarchy or dictatorship.

Pragmatist Trump supporters made the calculation that he was the lesser of two evils. His vindictiveness and narcissism had to be balanced against the alternative of an increasingly militant Left that seeks to tear down the accomplishments of Western civilization in the name of equalitarian identity politics. Trump did not drive the Left into its current apoplexies; the momentum from the previous four decades of academic-generated hatreds was moving to this point regardless of who was in the White House.

It is the case, however, that the Trump demise will give even more fuel to the ongoing desecration of our heritage by the Left, a desecration that will prove more momentous than what occurred on Wednesday.

Now, any cause championed by Trump, whether border enforcement or color-blind public policy, will be discredited in the view of whatever remains of a moderate, non-woke establishment. The brief interregnum from the dominance of the Left provided by the Trump presidency will be followed by a frenzy of revenge on greatness and meritocracy.

https://www.city-journal.org/trumps-exit

• Like 1