Political Discussion Forums

On 11/20/2020 at 8:26 PM, sharkman said:

The derangement is strong with this one, fellas.

You know what deranged is? When there's an election, and every single state which administers it, Republican and Democrat, says there's no evidence of widespread fraud. When the federal government's own election monitoring agency says there's no evidence of any fraud. When your own party fails to produce any evidence of fraud in dozens of courts.

And yet you're still utterly convinced there was widespread fraud. Because a lifelong con man and snake oil salesman who even his supporters admit lies all the time tells you there was.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Truth.  

But the fraud has been completely visible, no faith involved.  It actually takes more “faith” to look at the various videos and claim you see no fraud.

So the news organization that couldn't accept Trump as president now has it on good authority that no fraud occurred, eh?  Well they should be happy to have it looked at by the courts then.  Trump wil

Posted Images

20 hours ago, sharkman said:

And if his ruling is sound, then they'll come to the same decision at SCOTUS.

It's an odd thing that I see this hoped-for salvation from a number of trumpsters - the hope that Trump has managed to so corrupt the US Supreme Court that they will ignore the law, strike down all the lower court rulings against him, and overturn the expressed will of the people and simply declare him president for life.

I've done some reading on this love of authoritarianism, but it takes a very odd tone in America. Certainly in Russia and Turkey, for example, you have very strong, capable leaders who, despite their brutality and corruption, can be admired by people who want a certain sense of security. But in Trump, what you have is a bumbling, confused idiot who has no clue about what to do or how to do it and spends most of his time golfing, tweeting, and watching TV while the country falls apart. And yet so many are willing to destroy democracy on his behalf.

I mean, when you see Trump alongside Putin the contrast could not be greater. The small Putin utterly dominates the anxious, hesitant Trump, who lavishes Putin with praise and admiration. It's so obvious that Trump is actually a very, very small man, despite his size. How anyone could admire that is simply beyond me.

19 hours ago, sharkman said:

This is a classic troll post, you must be bored.

I think he's just trying to get you guys to come out and openly admit you don't believe in democracy. You want an authoritarian government run by the fat orange guy.

18 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Perhaps the election-process needs more centralism and less federalism. If there are 50 sets of rules how elections are conducted it is bound to lead to a mess.

Oh, yes, American elections are always a mess. When you've got 50 separate states run by different parties with hundreds of thousands of people involved in administering them there are bound to be problems here and there. There ALWAYS are. What the Trumpsters are trying to do here is to take these isolated issues, which, as I say, crop up in every single election, and which don't have any effect on the outcome, and pretend that's something new and indicates some grand conspiracy to defraud Trump of his rightful win.

8 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I think a lot of us will not be joining in your love of Joe Biden & Kamala Harris.

I"m fairly sure I won't like Joe or Kamala. I've said so before and I already don't like some of the things they've said and done. But Democracy will survive Joe and Kamala. I'm not at all sure it would survive another four years of Trump and Baird.

I'm a conservative. Which in this case means disliking both sides.

I just dislike your side more.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1
Just now, DogOnPorch said:

I think a lot of us will not be joining in your love of Joe Biden & Kamala Harris.

You don't have to love Biden/Harris to recognize who Trump is.  There's no love lost between Argus and me, but he's absolutely right about Trump and his followers.   Trump lost, and every time there's no proof of fraud, you guys insist even more people are in on some massive fraud.  Its nothing short of bizarre.  If/when you come back to your senses, you'll be extremely embarrassed - just like the men and women who send their life savings to some scammer overseas because "love".

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

I just dislike your side more.

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

You don't have to love Biden/Harris to recognize who Trump is. 

You two deserve each other.

Suffice to say this isn't over. 

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, sharkman said:

then there will be some explosive results when this reaches the Supreme Court of the land. 

That's not how their system works; SCOTUS is not likely to hear any of these cases, because most of them involve State Law and would be decided by the State Supreme Court.

Even if one or two did make it to SCOTUS, it would be months down the road.  And, even though Trump has done his best to stack SCOTUS in his favor, I've faith that these people would put the Constitution of the United States ahead of the wishes of a tin-pot dictator wannabe.

Edited by dialamah
Words
7 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Can't get past appears to be your way of admitting you're determined to remain ignorant of the rationale behind the metaphor. It's been explained to you enough times that I don't think another go round is going to help you though, so I'll pass. 

I'm not determined to remain ignorant of the rationale behind the metaphor.  I'm trying to point out to you how absolutely moronic is the metaphor, and how it doesn't work as a metaphor to get what you want.

What's more, you don't need it.  You said in your original post that you preferred a dictator of your choosing to any democratically elected leader so you don't need to demonize the electorate.  (Or some of them, anyhow)

Like I said back there, I was glad to hear you admit it.  It seems reasonable to assume that yours is a fairly common stance at the moment.

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

You said in your original post that you preferred a dictator of your choosing to any democratically elected leader so you don't need to demonize the electorate.  (Or some of them, anyhow)

Liar.

Here's what happens. Liars say Trump will destroy Democracy. The rebuttal is America isn't a democracy. It's a Federal Republic. The President is decided by the electoral college not by purely democratic vote. 

Mob rule might be another hyperbolic example of something that could be purely democratic for the area and the time it governs a particular area. The more common example is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. I've heard gang rape offered as another example. If a few heavily urbanized states of 50 were able to decide who the president is by majority rule that would be a pure democracy but that's not the way it's done in the federal republic of America. I think you even know this but yes, you're determined to remain ignorant by choosing to ignore an inconvenient fact.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Argus said:

You know what deranged is? When there's an election, and every single state which administers it, Republican and Democrat, says there's no evidence of widespread fraud. When the federal government's own election monitoring agency says there's no evidence of any fraud. When your own party fails to produce any evidence of fraud in dozens of courts.

And yet you're still utterly convinced there was widespread fraud. Because a lifelong con man and snake oil salesman who even his supporters admit lies all the time tells you there was.

Every friday after work, your tongue seems to be loosed, I wonder why?

So if every state says there's no evidence of "widespread fraud", you should be confident that legal efforts by the Trump team will be fruitless.  But instead you're frustrated, even angry at times, and rather defensive.  I wonder why?

But let's look at this statement of yours, "every single state which administers it, Republican and Democrat, says there's no evidence of widespread fraud."  The point is, the fraud occurred in Democrat controlled areas.  Do you think they are going to admit their crimes?  

I am not convinced of the fraud because of what President Trump says or does.  Or the media, or even Lord Obama.  I'm convinced because I was able to get a look at some objective evidence, untampered with by the Media Horde.  I suggest you stop listening to media outlets that have been trying to bring down a presidency for 4 years, and instead find some sources that are trying to report actual news instead.

12 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Liar.

Here's what happens. Liars say Trump will destroy Democracy. The rebuttal is America isn't a democracy. It's a Federal Republic. The President is decided by the electoral college not by purely democratic vote. 

Mob rule might be another hyperbolic example or something that could be purely democratic for the area and the time it governs a particular area. The more common example is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. I've heard gang rape offered as another example. If a few heavily urbanized states of 50 were able to decide who the president is by majority rule that would be a pure democracy but that's not the way it's done in the federal republic of America. I think you even know this but yes, you're determined to remain ignorant by choosing to ignore an inconvenient fact.

Just saying "liar" doesn't make it so.  It's a shame you don't have the courage of your convictions.  Maybe that makes you a liar.  I have too much class to say so, though.

In response to this...

On 11/20/2020 at 8:30 PM, Infidel Dog said:

America isn't a democracy. It's a Republic.

A democracy is 6 gang rapists and a victim deciding who gets to have a good time.

It's 2 wolves and sheep deciding what's for dinner.

And no, I don't believe in that. It doesn't surprise that you and your friends do though.

I said this...

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

What's more, you don't need it.  You said in your original post that you preferred a dictator of your choosing to any democratically elected leader so you don't need to demonize the electorate.  (Or some of them, anyhow)

Doesn't seem like a lie to me.

Tell me, those electoral college people who award the votes.  Who gives them the authority?

And if "every single state which administers it, Republican and Democrat, says there's no evidence of widespread fraud" what was this about then:

10 state AGs file brief supporting challenge to Pennsylvania mail ballot deadline

At least 10 states seem to think there might be evidence of fraud in at least Pennsylvania.

As to this: "the federal government's own election monitoring agency says there's no evidence of any fraud..."

That's not correct either. One guy, Chris Krebs said "There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."

Another replied:

This was wrong for Krebs to do, according to a DHS official, because addressing allegations of voter fraud from within the United States is not in CISA's jurisdiction.

"CISA was successful in preventing election interference via a cyberattack on election infrastructure during the presidential election. Election fraud is different than election interference and is beyond the scope of CISA authorities," the DHS official told Townhall. "CISA does not have firsthand information on allegations of voting fraud or investigate such claims, responsibility for which lies with State and local authorities and the Department of Justice."

And as to this idea there's "no evidence," when did sworn witness testimony stop being evidence? Will they emptying the prisons of all the criminals convicted on witness testimony?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Argus said:

It's an odd thing that I see this hoped-for salvation from a number of trumpsters - the hope that Trump has managed to so corrupt the US Supreme Court that they will ignore the law, strike down all the lower court rulings against him, and overturn the expressed will of the people and simply declare him president for life.

I've done some reading on this love of authoritarianism, but it takes a very odd tone in America. Certainly in Russia and Turkey, for example, you have very strong, capable leaders who, despite their brutality and corruption, can be admired by people who want a certain sense of security. But in Trump, what you have is a bumbling, confused idiot who has no clue about what to do or how to do it and spends most of his time golfing, tweeting, and watching TV while the country falls apart. And yet so many are willing to destroy democracy on his behalf.

I mean, when you see Trump alongside Putin the contrast could not be greater. The small Putin utterly dominates the anxious, hesitant Trump, who lavishes Putin with praise and admiration. It's so obvious that Trump is actually a very, very small man, despite his size. How anyone could admire that is simply beyond me.

There's that anger again, expressed in strawman arguments and other nonsense.  You've really gotta save yourself, I can't save you and obviously no one else has yet.

I'll just respond to your first paragraph.  The Supreme Court has some of the very best judges in the land.  That is, both political parties couldn't find any or enough dirt on them to stop their nomination from going forward, and believe you me, they turned over every stone.  So there's that.  Speaking for myself, if SCOTUS refuses to take the case, or rules against President Trump's legal team, then I will be satisfied that they didn't gather enough evidence, and if they couldn't, then no one could.

Unfortunately in the states where the worst fraud took place, they are Democrat controlled and have been appointing activist democrat judges for decades.  And you can see by their mail in ballot rulings where some changed rules to allow more late ballots and incomplete ballots.  Then in at least 2 instances after the election(after Biden's "win" was secure) they changed the rules back again.  Because they knew that their rulings would be overturned as soon as an objective judge got a look at them.  I'm sure your media sources told you all about this.  Also their rulings on the Trump team thus far, picking it apart and then throwing out the cases. 

Anyway, there is a mountain of evidence on Dominion.  Did your news sources tell you that they have suddenly closed their Toronto and Colorado offices and wiped the company internet page of their employees in some cases?   Which is, of course, what innocent people do.

Folks like you are going to have a difficult time of it the next month or so while this thing plays out.  I suggest you stay away from any media whatsoever, to lessen the stress.  Try to recenter yourself, simplify things so you can see what's going on without all of the noise.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

I said this...

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

That's a lie. I never said that. People who lie are called liars.

Doesn't matter if they  filter the lie through their imagination to sound truthy to them.

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

That's a lie. I never said that. People who lie are called liars.

Doesn't matter if they  filter the lie through their imagination to sound truthy to them.

Well, the relevant quotes are there.  Unless it was someone else posting under your name, I don't know what else to call it.

What about my question regarding the Electoral College authority?

3 hours ago, Argus said:

You know what deranged is?

Yup. We've seen nothing but derangement from alt-left loonies over the past 4 years.

Deranged is when people shrieked "TRUMP COLLUDED WITH RUSSIA!" for 4 years when there was never a shred of credible evidence uncovered, the claims come from the least credible scumbags in Washington and on CNN, when CNN's own Van Jones was caught on hidden video admitting that collusion was just a hoax but they pushed the narrative for another 2 years, when zero witnesses came forward and even people who were being leaned on by the FBI denied collusion, and when the claims made were just ridiculous to begin with. Then that same group of people impossibly claims to have final proof of the DNC's innocence on the very night of the election despite the fact that there are hundreds of witnesses who were at ground zero who testified & signed affidavits saying that the DNC actually are guilty, despite knowing the DNC have been 100% caught cheating on the elections so many times in the past few years, despite knowing that the DNC are constantly trying to introduce voter-fraud-friendly changes to election procedures, and there are so many absurdities on election night like blocks of hundreds of thousands of votes showing up at 4 am which are all for Bidenvote counting machines discovered to be switching a large percentage of votes in favor of Bidenand vote counters demanding that they operate free from scrutiny in the polling centers where Biden pulled off his miraculous come-from-behind wins.

You and I both know that there's a zero percent chance that there wasn't widespread voter fraud by the Dems, it's just a matter of how much will eventually be proven in court.

This election had 25 million more votes than were cast in the 2008, and 2012 and 2016 elections, and literally no one came out to see the guy who got somehow got 80M votes speak anywhere. A lot of those extra millions of votes came in the middle of the night in boxes and bags and barrels with no votes on the down-ballot, when there were no GOP representatives present. 

Just like the integrity of the FBI has been forever damaged irreparably, so has the faith in the integrity of US elections.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Well, the relevant quotes are there. 

Are they? You have a relevant quote saying this, do you?

You said in your original post that you preferred a dictator of your choosing to any democratically elected leader

Produce it. If you can't it's another lie and you know who lies, right?

Edited by Infidel Dog
10 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

And if "every single state which administers it, Republican and Democrat, says there's no evidence of widespread fraud" what was this about then:

10 state AGs file brief supporting challenge to Pennsylvania mail ballot deadline

At least 10 states seem to think there might be evidence of fraud in at least Pennsylvania.

As to this: "the federal government's own election monitoring agency says there's no evidence of any fraud..."

That's not correct either. One guy, Chris Krebs said "There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."

Another replied:

And as to this idea there's "no evidence," when did sworn witness testimony stop being evidence? Will they emptying the prisons of all the criminals convicted on witness testimony?

Leftists think that the plural of anecdotes is data. 

"4 guys said that the election was 100% legit, and Anderson Cooper said it right on the election night itself. It's PROVEN 100%!"

Will they emptying the prisons of all the criminals convicted on witness testimony?

They actually started emptying those prisons when the Dems needed more rioters, murderers and looters on the streets earlier this year. 

3 hours ago, dialamah said:

That's not how their system works; SCOTUS is not likely to hear any of these cases, because most of them involve State Law and would be decided by the State Supreme Court.

Even if one or two did make it to SCOTUS, it would be months down the road.  And, even though Trump has done his best to stack SCOTUS in his favor, I've faith that these people would put the Constitution of the United States ahead of the wishes of a tin-pot dictator wannabe.

That's not how their system works.  I give you the election 2000 case that made it to SCOTUS in about 3 weeks.  I do have faith them as well, to put the Constitution ahead of the fraud.  Either way, time will tell.

Edited by sharkman
1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

Are they? You have a relevant quote saying this, do you?

Produce it. If you can't it's another lie and you know who lies, right?

I have you quoted as saying you don't believe in democracy.  If you are claiming you did not mean that statement to have any relation to the defeat of Donald Trump in the 2020 US presidential election, and your desire to see him re-elected regardless, say so in response to this post and I'll re-assess my position with regard to your views. 

So it might be that you don't prefer a dictator of your choosing to any democratically elected leader.  We can clear that up right now though, with you denouncing such a view and saying you would be happy with a democratically elected leader.

8 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I have you quoted as saying you don't believe in democracy.  If you are claiming you did not mean that statement to have any relation to the defeat of Donald Trump in the 2020 US presidential election, and your desire to see him re-elected regardless, say so in response to this post and I'll re-assess my position with regard to your views. 

So it might be that you don't prefer a dictator of your choosing to any democratically elected leader.  We can clear that up right now though, with you denouncing such a view and saying you would be happy with a democratically elected leader.

I find it hard to believe that you believe what you claim, because it's just so off the wall.  Are you really that obtuse?  It simply can't be.  However, since you repeatedly do nothing but yank on people's chains, then henceforth you shall be called yankee.

Edited by sharkman