Political Discussion Forums

Hard to Watch the Remembrance Day Ceremonies with The Scumbag There.

7 hours ago, Army Guy said:

United states, France , natives loyal to France, the Boars of South Africa, Germany,  Nazi Germany, Imperialist Japan, Italy, north Korea, Taliban forces and over 50 known terrorist groups or factions.  others include ,Syria shoot down a plane full of Canadian peace keepers , Serb military engaged a full company of PPCLI in former Yugoslavia with tanks and IFVs, Turkish forces engaged Canadian paratroops during para operations on the island of Cyprus,  police and Army forces  traitors from Afghanistan. 

Your guess would be wrong, every Canadian soldier that served in Afghanistan did so voluntarily, they wanted to be there to assist in destroying the murderous Taliban government of Afghanistan , to rid the country as many terrorist as we could , to give Afghanistan back to the people of Afghanistan. Maybe you should pick up a history book there is no US zone of control near the Russian border, and there was no oil, no oil pipe lines or other natural resources taken or used by coalition forces.. 

Atrocities happen in many other parts of the world - Africa in particular as well as Asia and South America.  But you will never see us helping those friendly people.  You know why?  There is no oil and they are not close to Russia.

The reality of the matter is nobody ever invaded Canada.  It wasn't bombed in any war like so many European countries were.  We could have simply minded our own business and nobody would have died.  It is just politics, influence and of course, laying hands on wealth and power.

14 hours ago, cougar said:

Atrocities happen in many other parts of the world - Africa in particular as well as Asia and South America.  But you will never see us helping those friendly people.  You know why?  There is no oil and they are not close to Russia.

The reality of the matter is nobody ever invaded Canada.  It wasn't bombed in any war like so many European countries were.  We could have simply minded our own business and nobody would have died.  It is just politics, influence and of course, laying hands on wealth and power.

Do you just make this shit up as you go, there has been dozens upon dozens of UN and peace making campaigns in the African continent. Did you forget Rwanda, Somalia, Libya, Egypt, Mali, same goes with Asia, and South America... Open a history book please !!! 

The only country to invade Canada has been the US, I know you forgot that one, . Canada has signed onto many defensive pacts such as NORAD, NATO, ABCAZ, Common wealth pact, to name a few, and along with these pacts comes the responsibility to give men and resources when conflict arises.  You want to change all of that you need to get off the couch big fella and do something. I would recommend you start with the history books.

On 11/14/2020 at 7:10 PM, cougar said:

The reality of the matter is nobody ever invaded Canada. 

To be fair: Canada was invaded and conquered by both France and England.  The Yanks did once in the War of Independence, and tried again in 1812 but had their ass handed to them quickly that time.   The Fenians did again but worst of all in 1921 the US had a battle plan the included invading Canada.

• Thanks 1
On 11/13/2020 at 11:48 PM, cougar said:

First off, I do not hate Justin Trudeau; I may not know much about him, but I doubt he is entirely in the driver's seat and free to do as he pleases.

Who waged war on Canada?  Please remind me , the guy who was never strong in history.  Going on missions thousands of kilometers away from our borders is hardly defense.  It might actually be viewed as aggression.  If you ask me, those who die in Afghanistan probably have zero idea what they die for.  My guess??? To aid USA in establishing zones of control near Russia as well as laying hands on natural resources.

Then you jump into the issue of systemic racism.  Yes this is an issue and a valid one, no matter what you think.   The problem is those whites who settled here, did that on lands that technically belonged to a different race, they tried to wipe those people out.  Then they brought their slaves with them from Africa to mess things up more and finally slyly promoted the concept of multiculturalism to bring other slaves from other races who came here on their own accord being lured into their scheme.  The mess is now final and complete - no nation, no race, no equality no common language or religion.  Almost makes you wonder what is still keeping us in place - must be the bank and police.

First off, I'd love it if someone could translate this to English for me.

Second, the wars are 'defensive' from the POV of helping other nations stop guys like Hitler from taking over Europe, stopping the Taliban, the North Koreans, etc. Canadians died in those places and there was never any chance that the people who served there were going to bring home slaves, war booty, etc. 

• Like 1

I’d prefer a new day to celebrate the sacrifice of our veterans that lacked the symbolism of WWI, that absurd, amoral clash of European empires. When I think of Flanders fields, poppies and all that, these lines written by Wilfred Owen, a soldier killed just seven days before November 11, 1918, come to mind:

Dulce et Decorum Est

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs,
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots,
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of gas-shells dropping softly behind.

Gas! GAS! Quick, boys!—An ecstasy of fumbling
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time,
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And flound’ring like a man in fire or lime.—
Dim through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,—
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Thanks 1

I remember during my basic, and battle school, we were surrounded by pictures of Royal Canadian Regt of its members taken through out it's history, or huge paintings of historic battles. I could not imagine the hell they went through  and how much that must have scared them both mentally and physically. Their lives changed forever, it would have taken everything from them, from friends, family, wives and children, jobs, sleep, for many years after, and thats is just the mental aspect. mental illness destroys everything you have, until you have no one, or nothing of value.  

You know all the sexy stuff about going to war, the stuff nobody tells you about,  The stuff Canadians forget about just how much we owe our vets. Thats what i get when i see these pictures  and paintings, or these poems, i see the horrors,  the pain. I guess that why they wrote them, to shock us into not forgetting, or atleast looking after them when they needed us the most. 

All my time in Afghanistan did not come close to the hell they seen in WWI, WWII, or Korea. I say this because a high percentage of soldiers that were in Afghanistan have PTSD, depression, or anxiety of some form or another, but to have lived through either  world wars, and then to come home and try to be a productive citizen, to try to fit in their crazy world.  I don't know how they did it. 

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 1