Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, godzilla said:

while they're at it they should include that private businesses should not restrict their services to people planning illegal activities including murder, insurrection, drug dealing... whatever. free speech!

I'm hoping this was sarcasm. It wasn't 100% evident. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The people who argued that posting a picture of yourself holding an effigy of the president's severed head are now trying to convince us that creating political memes is worthy of jail time.  A g

You. Are. So. Desperate.  Trump and his goons incited the violence from his  deplorable sum-of-the-earth supporters. He told them to march on the capitol. I never said that was a verbatim quote    

If someone says that....and then immediately proceeds to throw the president from the aircraft at 30,000 ft cruising altitude, prosecutors will definitely use those words against him in court to show

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

I'm hoping this was sarcasm. It wasn't 100% evident. 

sorry, if i had been able to find the 100% sarcasm emoji, i would have used it.

but in all seriousness, if people want parlor back then thats whats going to have to happen.

Edited by godzilla
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, godzilla said:

sorry, if i had been able to find the 100% sarcasm emoji, i would have used it.

but in all seriousness, if people want parlor back then thats whats going to have to happen.

I think people on both the left and right think the law that treats social media platforms differently than publishers should be abolished. 

They're publishers, they're not a bulletin board for 100% free speech. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Boges said:

I think people on both the left and right think the law that treats social media platforms differently than publishers should be abolished. 

They're publishers, they're not a bulletin board for 100% free speech. 

well its an interesting topic that could take up a thread in itself. there are a lot of challenges in policing such volumes of data and having meaningful and enforceable rules around it.

what i was hoping to point out though is that the recent labeling of "liberal bias" in social media is yet another attempt at representing something that it is not. its a business matter and not a political one. the feds shut down services that cater to illegal communications all the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2021 at 12:51 AM, WestCanMan said:

The people who argued that posting a picture of yourself holding an effigy of the president's severed head are now trying to convince us that creating political memes is worthy of jail time. 

A guy named Douglass Mackey may have conned a few hundred idiots into voting by text lol. He also made some fake memes which showed Hollywood actors pretending to be Trump voters. OOooh the shame.

If you're dumb enough to cast your vote by text, maybe you shouldn't be voting anyways.

Ten years. https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/twitter-troll-arrested-election-interference-related-disinformation-campaign-n1255864

If you recall, Twitter blocked a verified, accurate NY Post article in order to discredit it, just to help Joe Biden in the 2020 election. 

Is that worthy of ten years as well? It fits the bill of "disseminating false information via social media to change how people vote".

 

Also, the bullshit at the capitol is outrageous. 26,000 armed troops, that they know they don't need, just to create an atmosphere of fear and the need to protect America from "cracka-ass tarerists". We need to keep them there during the super-important impeachment!!!!!!

 

Election fraud is clearly different than an effigy of Trump’s head and Twitters brief(16-day) blocking of that Post article. But the way that article was not verified as accurate  

 

In other Trump news: After difficulty finding any lawyers willing to represent him at his upcoming impeachment trial,Trump’s impeachment legal team has now quit en masse out of frustration over his constant lies and idiocy, leaving him without representation with less than 2 weeks to go before the hearing begins 🤣

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2021 at 2:41 PM, Shady said:

Yes, Twitter blocked the third largest newspaper in the United States from running a completely accurate story, because it might have hurt Biden's election chances.  

This was the 'completely accurate' story that FOX news refused to run? The 'completely accurate' story that was so completely accurate the Post's reporters refused to put their names on it? The one which came from Rudy Giulliani, the high god of Trumpism and the intellectual perfection and honesty all Trump supporters aspire to?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2021 at 4:36 PM, WestCanMan said:

What does help is the fact that a few hundred people voting by text isn't worth 10 years in jail, and the fact that all kinds of people commit voter fraud and the uber fascist Dems are not interested in prosecuting anyone but this guy.

Oh if only the tender-hearted Republicans were in charge, that sort of thing would never happen!

A Texas appeals court on Thursday upheld a five-year prison sentence for a woman who was convicted of illegally voting even though she didn’t know she was ineligible when she went to the polls in 2016. The punishment for the Fort Worth woman, Crystal Mason, stirred national outrage because of its severity, prompting accusations that prosecutors were trying to intimidate Texans from voting.

Four years ago, Mason was on supervised release, similar to probation, for a federal felony conviction related to tax fraud. She didn’t know that Texas prohibits felons from voting until they finish their sentence entirely. Mason voted in the last presidential election at the urging of her mother and cast a provisional ballot when poll workers couldn’t find her name on the voter registration rolls. The ballot was never counted because Mason was not an eligible voter.

So a woman who mistakenly tries to vote gets five years. And you think this guy who deliberately committed voter fraud involving hundreds of people should get what? A slap on the wrist?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Argus said:

Oh if only the tender-hearted Republicans were in charge, that sort of thing would never happen!

A Texas appeals court on Thursday upheld a five-year prison sentence for a woman who was convicted of illegally voting even though she didn’t know she was ineligible when she went to the polls in 2016. The punishment for the Fort Worth woman, Crystal Mason, stirred national outrage because of its severity, prompting accusations that prosecutors were trying to intimidate Texans from voting.

Four years ago, Mason was on supervised release, similar to probation, for a federal felony conviction related to tax fraud. She didn’t know that Texas prohibits felons from voting until they finish their sentence entirely. Mason voted in the last presidential election at the urging of her mother and cast a provisional ballot when poll workers couldn’t find her name on the voter registration rolls. The ballot was never counted because Mason was not an eligible voter.

So a woman who mistakenly tries to vote gets five years. And you think this guy who deliberately committed voter fraud involving hundreds of people should get what? A slap on the wrist?

 

No no punishing alr-right criminals for their crimes is fascist don’t you see?  “Fascist” simply means anything the an alt-righty doesn’t happen to like: abortion, medical marijuana, gays, Islam, atheism, pineapple on pizza, whatever the possibilities are endless!

 

It’s been well established that the new Republican right doesn’t believe in laws or rules. They believe people “on their side” should be rewarded and protected and above the law. Conversely they believe people “on the other side” whom they hate are “below the law” and should have no rights or protections and should be persecuted.   The law is not something they believe everyone has to follow rather they see it simply as a convenient excuse  to go after their enemies. 
 

Meanwhile, for an example of actual fascism:

 

A reporter was kicked out of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene's town hall and threatened with arrest for asking a question

Kelsey Vlamis
 

A local TV reporter said she was threatened with arrest and removed from a town hall meeting with Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Wednesday night for asking a question.

Meredith Aldis, a reporter with the Chattanooga, Tennessee, station WRCB, tweeted that she attended the meeting in Dalton, Georgia, and was told she was not allowed to ask questions to Greene or anyone else in the building.
 

 

Edited by BeaverFever
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Election fraud is clearly different than an effigy of Trump’s head and Twitters brief(16-day) blocking of that Post article. 

Whoa, look who's talking again.... 

It was like you left here for a while or something .

You'd better be careful. Last time I checked it was actually treasonous to talk about actual election fraud. You're only allowed to allege election fraud when it never really occurred.

Quote

But the way that article was not verified as accurate  

Once more, in English?

Quote

 less than 2 weeks to go before the hearing begins 🤣 

If you could do simple math, you'd know that 100-45 is less than 60, and 45 Senators already voted to kick this latest impeachment sham to the curb.  🤣   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Whoa, look who's talking again.... 

It was like you left here for a while or something .

You'd better be careful. Last time I checked it was actually treasonous to talk about actual election fraud. You're only allowed to allege election fraud when it never really occurred.

Yeah you might not be able to relate but those of us with full time jobs and families don’t have unlimited time to argue with right wing internet crackpots.
 

The only actual election fraud is your alt-right Twitter troll friend there and your Dear Leader’s failed attempt to steal the election he lost with his made-up claims. 

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Once more, in English?


Are you sure?  You didn’t understand it in English last time.   You lied when you said the NY Post article was verified as being accurate  

 

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:
Quote

 

If you could do simple math, you'd know that 100-45 is less than 60, and 45 Senators already voted to kick this latest impeachment sham to the curb.  🤣  

The verdict may br a foregone conclusion but there will still be a trial and Trump has no lawyers because they all resigned in frustration over his idiocy. The moron thinks his impeachment will be a chance to re-litigate his 50+ failed lawsuits over his fake election fraud claims. He doesn’t seem to understand that he is being impeached for inciting an insurrection and his fake fraud claims are not only discredited and unbelievable but completely irrelevant to his defence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BeaverFever said:

The verdict may be a foregone conclusion but there will still be a trial and Trump has no lawyers because they all resigned in frustration over his idiocy. The moron thinks his impeachment will be a chance to re-litigate his 50+ failed lawsuits over his fake election fraud claims. He doesn’t seem to understand that he is being impeached for inciting an insurrection and his fake fraud claims are not only discredited and unbelievable but completely irrelevant to his defence. 

With any luck, if he insists on bringing them up again, they might convince a couple of Republican fence sitters to do the right thing.

Not holding my breath, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Argus said:

Oh if only the tender-hearted Republicans were in charge, that sort of thing would never happen!

A Texas appeals court on Thursday upheld a five-year prison sentence for a woman who was convicted of illegally voting even though she didn’t know she was ineligible when she went to the polls in 2016. The punishment for the Fort Worth woman, Crystal Mason, stirred national outrage because of its severity, prompting accusations that prosecutors were trying to intimidate Texans from voting.

Four years ago, Mason was on supervised release, similar to probation, for a federal felony conviction related to tax fraud. She didn’t know that Texas prohibits felons from voting until they finish their sentence entirely. Mason voted in the last presidential election at the urging of her mother and cast a provisional ballot when poll workers couldn’t find her name on the voter registration rolls. The ballot was never counted because Mason was not an eligible voter.

So a woman who mistakenly tries to vote gets five years. And you think this guy who deliberately committed voter fraud involving hundreds of people should get what? A slap on the wrist?

No, I think that everyone who commits voter fraud should be charged, unlike all of you Democrat supporters who supported Hillary's debate fraud, her Primary selection cheating, her Russian collusion fraud, and all the fraud that happened in 2020.

It's really weird that you fell like justice should only be meted out in one instance. And by weird I mean hypocritical.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Yeah you might not be able to relate but those of us with full time jobs and families don’t have unlimited time to argue with right wing internet crackpots.

As if that's what happened.

Quote

The only actual election fraud is your alt-right Twitter troll friend there and your Dear Leader’s failed attempt to steal the election he lost with his made-up claims. 

You need to get the internet. 

Quote

Are you sure?  You didn’t understand it in English last time.   You lied when you said the NY Post article was verified as being accurate  

What part of the article was inaccurate?  

That article was far more accurate than 99% of what's on CNN.

Quote

The verdict may br a foregone conclusion

Exactly, because it's just another fraud against the American people by the Democrats. 

Quote

He doesn’t seem to understand that he is being impeached for inciting an insurrection and his fake fraud claims are not only discredited and unbelievable but completely irrelevant to his defence. 

You don't seem to understand that the last two impeachments were completely bogus and that Trump didn't incite an insurrection.

That's a lot of, you know, 'silliness'?

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You don't seem to understand that the last two impeachments were completely bogus and that Trump didn't incite an insurrection.

no actually, he was impeached twice. call it bogus all you like. he was impeached.

and we all know how Trump works. he never says something directly. he implies it. and then he implies it again and again and again. and when shit starts happening he does nothing to stop it because its what he wants because he's implied it again and again and again.

"very fine people on both sides"

"i would like you to do us a favor"

"i just want to find 11k votes"

"Pence needs to do the right thing"

don't start saying that Obama or Clinton or the Democrats did that. and so it was fair. if they did then they are as guilty as Trump is. but guilty... none the less.

Edited by godzilla
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

As if that's what happened.

Lol what are you suggesting “happened”? Can’t wait to hear this one 

 

57 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

You need to get the internet. 

You need to get off the internet. Seriously, before you start mailing people bombs or anthrax  

 

58 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

What part of the article was inaccurate?  

That article was far more accurate than 99% of what's on CNN.

None of it has been verified. It’s just unproven allegations from the political party with a long track record of false claims. 
 

 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Exactly, because it's just another fraud against the American people by the Democrats. 

Haha ok yeah that’s why!  Not because Republicans are spineless immoral partisan hacks. 🙄

 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

You don't seem to understand that the last two impeachments were completely bogus and that Trump didn't incite an insurrection.

 

They were not bogus and he did incite an insurrection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, godzilla said:

no actually, he was impeached twice. call it bogus all you like. he was impeached.

The fact that the Dems are guilty of two bogus impeachments isn't a blemish on Trump's record.

Quote

and we all know how Trump works. he never says something directly. he implies it. and then he implies it again and again and again. and when shit starts happening he does nothing to stop it because its what he wants because he's implied it again and again and again.

What did he imply? Cite?

Quote

"very fine people on both sides"

"..... of the statue debate."

You can't truncate someone else's sentence and then choose what to imply at the end of it.

Quote

"i would like you to do us a favor"

Go read the transcript of the call godzilla. That was directly followed up by a request to look into crowdstrike, and crowdstrike had to do with the bogus Russian collusion investigation. Trump's request had literally nothing to do with the prosecutor.

It was Zelenski who brought up the issue of the prosecutor himself, but Dems lie about it and years later you're still propagating that lie.

Is this out of blatant ignorance, stupidity or are you a liar godzilla? Choose one. 

Quote

"i just want to find 11k votes"

"Pence needs to do the right thing"

don't start saying that Obama or Clinton or the Democrats did that. and so it was fair. if they did then they are as guilty as Trump is. but guilty... none the less.

Not sure what you mean by any of those things.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Lol what are you suggesting “happened”? Can’t wait to hear this one 

You got sick of looking foolish is my guess.

I wouldn't try to debate me either if I was you.

Quote

You need to get off the internet. Seriously, before you start mailing people bombs or anthrax  

Oh yeah, that's a totally reasonable and serious accusation. Pat yourself on the back genius.

Quote

None of it has been verified. It’s just unproven allegations from the political party with a long track record of false claims. 

It is all verified. If you want an example of bullshit keep watching CNN.

Quote

Haha ok yeah that’s why!  Not because Republicans are spineless immoral partisan hacks. 🙄

 

It's a bit late in the game for younot to be aware of basic facts. 

Quote

They were not bogus and he did incite an insurrection. 

He did not incite an insurrection, this is just more BS from the party and news org of lies and BS.

You're the liar who said that Trump said "March on Washington" and then you tried to deny that there's a difference between "March on Washington" and "March down to Washington" or whatever it was that he actually said.

You don't get to tell blatant lies about a topic and then act like an authority on the subject. Your credibility is less than zero.

So is CNN's. CNN had an "activist" (Anderson Cooper's words, not mine) named John Sullivan on AC360 and then noted right on the screen below his picture that he's the founder of "Insurgence USA" (I don't have to explain what that means). There's even video of him on YouTube inciting an attack on President Trump to remove him from office, and that happened when rioters were right outside the WH.

If you're keeping score:

1) He's the leader of Insurgence USA,

2) He was calling for the violent removal of the POTUS,

3) At a riot in front of the Whitehouse.

4) It's impossible for CNN not to have known about that if they knew he was the founder of Insurgence USA. The guy's own brother has been interviewed on TV before, and he says that John is sick. His own brother said that. CNN knew who he was and what he did and they call that "activism".

So, the company that is calling Trump seditious and treasonous actually SUPPORTS treason and they did it many, many times over the past 6 years. I have ample proof of more of it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Go read the transcript of the call godzilla. That was directly followed up by a request to look into crowdstrike, and crowdstrike had to do with the bogus Russian collusion investigation. Trump's request had literally nothing to do with the prosecutor.

Is this out of blatant ignorance, stupidity or are you a liar godzilla? Choose one. 

Not sure what you mean by any of those things.

 

Trump tried to frame the neo-nazis as statue defenders. hundreds of them marched the evening before singing white nationalist hymns. the footage of clashes were devoid of any people with "save our statues" signs and plenty of swaztikas and white nationalist flags.

Gordon Sondland and others knew exactly what Trump meant on that call. what would the Ukranians know about crowdstrike? nothing. Gordon Sondland and other testified that military aide was being held up. they testified that Trump wanted an investigation into the Bidens... they didn't even need a real one, just an announcement.

Sondland: Trump and Giuliani wanted Ukraine to announce, not actually do, the probes

"i just want to find 11k votes"

Trump asks Georgia election officials to 'find' votes during call with Sec. of State

"Pence needs to do the right thing"

Trump again pushes Pence to do the ‘right thing’ and refuse to certify vote

Edited by godzilla
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

So, the company that is calling Trump seditious and treasonous actually SUPPORTS treason and they did it many, many times over the past 6 years. I have ample proof of more of it.  

here's the thing... if others suggested sedition... it didn't happen. sedition happened in the name of Trump. if it happened in others names then they would be hung out to dry too. but it didn't. Trump is the only one on the hook.

Edited by godzilla
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, godzilla said:

Trump tried to frame the neo-nazis as statue defenders. hundreds of them marched the evening before singing white nationalist hymns. the footage of clashes were devoid of any people with "save our statues" signs and plenty of swaztikas and white nationalist flags.

There was a statue debate, and at a later point a battle.

He can talk about different things. He doesn't have to stay on CNN's topics.

And tbh, he was just correcting a lie by CNN that said "one group attacked another group".

It's ok for CNN to hate Nazis, in fact they should hate Nazis (they don't hate America's own Nazi party though for some reason), but that doesn't mean that they can lie about them. They don't need to lie. People hate Nazis whether they're starting fights or just getting into fights that are consensual. 

Quote

Gordon Sondland and others knew exactly what Trump meant on that call. what would the Ukranians know about crowdstrike? nothing. Gordon Sondland and other testified that military aide was being held up. they testified that Trump wanted an investigation into the Bidens... they didn't even need a real one, just an announcement.

Sondland: Trump and Giuliani wanted Ukraine to announce, not actually do, the probes

I know exactly what Trump meant on that call because I saw the transcripts. I don't need Sondland's opinion for sweet FA.

Go read the transcripts yourself and then try and tell me that Trump asked for a favor that had anything at all to do with the prosecutor. He asked for a favor re: crowdstrike and that was it. 

Whatever Zelenski offers to do is his call. 

If you offer me a free TV right now it doesn't mean that I asked you to join a Dem-inspired riot, smash a window and steal me a flatscreen Sony. That's not how life works. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, godzilla said:

here's the thing... if others suggested sedition... it didn't happen. sedition happened in the name of Trump. if it happened in others names then they would be hung out to dry too. but it didn't. Trump is the only one on the hook.

OMG go read the dictionary.

If I yell to a mob of people to kill the leader of a country it doesn't matter whether they do it or not. The crime of sedition has still been committed, regardless.

Sedition is the crime of talking, period. Doing is treason, or rebellion. 

It's not sedition at all to dress up in body armour, carry guns, and even shoot at people during the commission of the attack. That's armed rebellion/treason, it's a lot of things but it's not even 1% sedition. 

Anyone who committed sedition is on the hook for sedition, by definition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

OMG go read the dictionary.

If I yell to a mob of people to kill the leader of a country it doesn't matter whether they do it or not. The crime of sedition has still been committed, regardless.

Sedition is the crime of talking, period. Doing is treason, or rebellion. 

It's not sedition at all to dress up in body armour, carry guns, and even shoot at people during the commission of the attack. That's armed rebellion/treason, it's a lot of things but it's not even 1% sedition. 

Anyone who committed sedition is on the hook for sedition, by definition.

i get it now that your mind is pretty walled off... possibly permanently. you don't give an inch on your interpretation or beliefs.

lets sum it up though. you live in a world where most people look the other way when BLM protests get out of hand because their core cause is to promote racial equality. the Ds suffered not. you live in a world where most people are pretty shocked when the capitol building is invaded by protesters looking for politicians. i can safely say that because Rs took it pretty heavy. and corporate america would have none of it.

you may believe it should be the opposite. but its not. so yeah, that sucks for your belief system. and because your belief system is not shared then its the victim. Trump is the victim.

Edited by godzilla
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, godzilla said:

i get it now that your mind is pretty walled off... possibly permanently. you don't give an inch on your interpretation or beliefs.lets sum it up though. you live in a world where most people look the other way when BLM protests get out of hand because their core cause is to promote racial equality.

People aren't "looking the other way when BLM riots turn violent", people promote the riots and attempt to justify all the property damage, assaults and murders. 

Quote

the Ds suffered not. you live in a world where most people are pretty shocked when the capitol building is invaded by protesters looking for politicians. i can safely say that because Rs took it pretty heavy. and corporate america would have none of it.

Proptestors weren't "looking for politicians". In the whole country there was one nutjob with some zipties, he could have justbeen another Antifa member like John Sullivan for all we know. 

Less than 200 people entered the Capitol Building. This doesn't even compare with BLM's rioting.

Quote

you may believe it should be the opposite. but its not. so yeah, that sucks for your belief system. and because your belief system is not shared then its the victim. Trump is the victim.

People who riot should be locked up. I believe that. People who incite rioting should be locked up. I believe that.

People with no conscience on 99 days out of 100 don't get to show selective outrage when it benefits their political party. Sorry if you're offended by that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

No, I think that everyone who commits voter fraud should be charged, unlike all of you Democrat supporters who supported Hillary's debate fraud, her Primary selection cheating, her Russian collusion fraud, and all the fraud that happened in 2020.

It's really weird that you fell like justice should only be meted out in one instance. And by weird I mean hypocritical.  

So you find nothing wrong with sending a woman to prison for five years for mistakenly trying to vote but are outraged at the idea of sending a guy to prison for deliberately committing voter fraud by convincing hundreds of people they could vote in a way which would not work.

And you're accusing ME of hypocrisy!  🤣

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Argus said:

So you find nothing wrong with sending a woman to prison for five years for mistakenly trying to vote but are outraged at the idea of sending a guy to prison for deliberately committing voter fraud by convincing hundreds of people they could vote in a way which would not work.

And you're accusing ME of hypocrisy!  🤣

5 years for that meme is too much. It's just too funny.

And in all honestly, if posting a photo of yourself holding an effigy of the president's severed head is a joke, then so is that meme.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 4.29.50 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...