Political Discussion Forums

55 minutes ago, Argus said:

People today lack a sense of belonging to something greater than themselves. They lack a sense of community, of community. 

That is something that I can agree with. 

Nietzsche did it, I blame him.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have to teach something.  I guess judgement calls have to be made. American schooling seems to do a lot more patriotic propaganda.  There's value to teaching historical accomplishments but it

I think I'm going to start collecting examples of the lunacy and hysteria of the woke police here. They seem to be growing ever more shrill, ever more fanatical, and seizing on smaller and smaller err

1) I disagree.  I think if he had worried about how it could be interpreted he wouldn't be doing his job.  It's not his job to make excuses for writers.  I think his point about being branded a racist

Posted Images

On 4/9/2021 at 8:49 PM, Michael Hardner said:

I don't think people are faithlessly engaging in this to make money.

Not even self-proclaimed Marxists?

As protests broke out across the country in the name of Black Lives Matter, the group’s co-founder went on a real estate-buying binge, snagging four high-end homes for $3.2 million in the US alone, according to property records.

Inside BLM co-founder Patrisse Khan-Cullors’ million-dollar real-estate buying binge | Fox Business

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Not even self-proclaimed Marxists?

As protests broke out across the country in the name of Black Lives Matter, the group’s co-founder went on a real estate-buying binge, snagging four high-end homes for $3.2 million in the US alone, according to property records.

Inside BLM co-founder Patrisse Khan-Cullors’ million-dollar real-estate buying binge | Fox Business

It's so she doesn't have to go too far to set fire to some rich bastard's house the next time anyone upsets her.

Don't you dare even mildly question academic bosses about their belief in micro-aggression or you'll quickly find yourself expelled and banned from campus.

Kieran Bhattacharya is a student at the University of Virginia (UVA) School of Medicine. On October 25, 2018, he attended a panel discussion on the subject of microaggressions. Dissatisfied with the definition of a microaggression offered by the presenter—Beverly Cowell Adams, an assistant dean—Bhattacharya raised his hand.

Within a few weeks, as a result of the fallout from Bhattacharya's question about microagressions, the administration had branded him a threat to the university and banned him from campus. He is now suing UVA for violating his First Amendment rights, and a judge recently ruled that his suit should proceed.

https://reason.com/2021/04/07/microaggressions-uva-student-kieran-bhattacharya-threat/

12 hours ago, Argus said:

Don't you dare even mildly question academic bosses about their belief in micro-aggression or you'll quickly find yourself expelled and banned from campus.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/he-questioned-microaggressions-then-his-university-gaslit-him-claiming-he-was-a-threat-and-suspending-him-from-campus

Another take on it. 

The manifestation of administration nervousness through systems of "red cards" is not conducive to an open society.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/he-questioned-microaggressions-then-his-university-gaslit-him-claiming-he-was-a-threat-and-suspending-him-from-campus

Another take on it. 

The manifestation of administration nervousness through systems of "red cards" is not conducive to an open society.

The story really does resemble something from Franz Kafka. Or maybe some of the people tried during the cultural revolution for counter-revolutionary beliefs.

And this is one of America's top universities which is training their future elites.

Edited by Argus