Political Discussion Forums

Should the public have full access to vaccine distribution information?

20 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Imagine this:

A pandemic hits a country.  The government limits travel and closes borders to prevent virus spread.  Citizens complain that the wrong borders were closed, weren't closed soon enough, and shouldn't be closed at all.

Sure, it all happened. See for example: Australia; New Zealand; Taiwan. The difference is only in the numbers, the result. And it speaks for itself, you think much can be added with just words?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you mean 'open and transparent government' ? We already have that . . . 

It is for sure that we will never see transparency in Canada anytime soon from comrade Trudeau who keeps trying to push the Covid vaccine on the fools who will take this Covid vaccine. Just saying. 

Those voices that I am hearing are voices of smart and intelligent people who dare to ask questions and challenge anything that the government tries to sell and throw at them as the gospel truth. Are

Posted Images

To be fair and balanced, one needs to go beyond just criticism. And so, what could have been done differently?

1. In the very early phase, continuous attention and careful evaluation of all information. Would not have stopped but significantly slowed down the arrival of the epidemics. Need: professionalism; skills; responsibility; independence.

2. From the earliest days after the arrival, clear and consistent information. From the examples it is clear that good public information can do as much as completely replacing busy but clueless management (see Sweden, Quebec). Need: professionalism.

Just doing these two things we're already doing better than a busy, expensive and incompetent bureaucracy (not to mention the saved resources that could be directed with benefit elsewhere).

Next steps:

3. Protecting the vulnerable, developing and implementing quickly and efficiently methods and policies to limit the spread in the environments with vulnerable population. Result: significant reduction in transmission, hospitalizations and the outcomes.

4. Effective treatment: developing and implementing immediately all new and effective treatments. Result: improvement in the outcomes for more severe cases.

At this level we're doing much better than clueless, and we aren't even near mandatory population-wide policies.

Yet, couple more things can be done:

5. Extending protection measures to higher risks environments, such as schools, essential workplaces. Further reduction in transmission, infections, hospitalizations.

6. Developing methods, perhaps advanced technology based, to reduce spread in general public environments. Traffic flow, ventilation, automated testing, self-cleaning surfaces.

Plus 7. Citizens observe the smart act and factual effect and more likely to follow voluntary advice (no, we haven't issued one mandatory order as yet).

And if we aren't satisfied with that, can go all the way to single case management, but that's unlikely to be on the entirely voluntary territory.

What would it take? Professionalism; competence; smart and effective management; agility; efficiency; focus on concrete results. Now at least we understand where the problem is.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:11 AM, Aristides said:

This has killed over two million world wide in the past year, including a half million Americans. Doctors and scientists lying for some nefarious reasons that you can't name. LOL

For decades now there has been millions of people that have died every year from some flu like virus or influenza in the past. Nobody, especially you, ever made a great big deal about viruses in the past as people like you and others are doing here with this Covid virus today or should I say over a bloody year now. Normally all viruses die off once summer time comes around. But for some reason somebody decided that they wanted to keep this China virus alive and well. Why is that and who are they? 

There are many doctors and scientists who have said that this China virus is very dangerous. And there are some doctors and scientists who have said that we should not be all that concerned about this China virus at all. So, who are we going to believe? You have no idea or real clue as to how many Americans have died from Covid.

You are only going by what you hear from your politicians and the media that keep telling you as to how many people have died from Covid. And my opinion is that I believe that the numbers of people that they said have died from Covid many of those numbers have been fabricated. You can find this out on the internet. I did and I found plenty. Get it from the horses mouth as they say.  

56 minutes ago, taxme said:

For decades now there has been millions of people that have died every year from some flu like virus or influenza in the past. Nobody, especially you, ever made a great big deal about viruses in the past as people like you and others are doing here with this Covid virus today or should I say over a bloody year now. Normally all viruses die off once summer time comes around. But for some reason somebody decided that they wanted to keep this China virus alive and well. Why is that and who are they? 

There are many doctors and scientists who have said that this China virus is very dangerous. And there are some doctors and scientists who have said that we should not be all that concerned about this China virus at all. So, who are we going to believe? You have no idea or real clue as to how many Americans have died from Covid.

You are only going by what you hear from your politicians and the media that keep telling you as to how many people have died from Covid. And my opinion is that I believe that the numbers of people that they said have died from Covid many of those numbers have been fabricated. You can find this out on the internet. I did and I found plenty. Get it from the horses mouth as they say.  

Covid has killed five times as many people as influenza in a really bad year. Believe whatever you want but you should start getting it from the horses mouth instead of its ass.

9 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Covid has killed five times as many people as influenza in a really bad year. Believe whatever you want but you should start getting it from the horses mouth instead of its ass.

Oh, get over your Covid bull chit nonsense will you. You have no real idea as to how many people really have died from Covid or any other virus. What proof do you really have to show me that five times as many people have died from this Civid virus than influenza? Where did you get that five times the number from? In your silly head? 

Start growing some b-lls and start acting like real men and women instead of acting more like gutless little wimpy crybaby children. This Covid madness has gone on for far too long. I refuse to want to play this stupid China virus game anymore. I want my old normal life and freedoms back and dam the bloody consequences. If you want to wrap your face with a mask or social distance or quarantine yourself then go for it. Just leave me the hell alone and let me get back to my good old normal days where I could go where I wanted to go and do what I wanted to do. And I am not alone in this. You will soon find yourself all alone and still playing this stupid for losers virus game all by yourself in your basement. LOL.

And you can keep your vaccines. I do not need or want any vaccine shoved in my body. My body is mine and does not belong to anyone else. To force anyone to take a vaccine is a crime against humanity. I believe that under the quarantine Act Sec. 14(1) in Canada says that no one can be forced to take any vaccines. Vaccines are for wimps and cowards. LOL. 

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, dialamah said:

Why would you assume that someone who trusts experts over non-experts has "blind faith" in experts?  Making the best of a bad situation and allowing that mistakes will be made when a brand-new virus hits town isn't "blind faith".  It's reality. 

Why would you assume just because someone has a position they are the ultimate "expert" on any given occasion?   Further: why would you assume someone else is NOT an "expert" on any particular subject just because they don't work for the government and bear the title?

Reality in MANY cases is that only some tiny percentage of ANY profession are actually at the top of their game most of the time.  In many cases, taking a government job for a professional is something you do because you can't cut it in the more competitive private sector.  Governments - especially Canadian - are famous for putting diversity, inclusivity and other viture signalling attributes far above merit from expertise in filling positions.

• Like 1