Political Discussion Forums

Forbes Article Links Uigher Forced Labor with Nike, Adidas and Apple: The Chinese Finger Puppet Remains Silent

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siminamistreanu/2020/03/02/study-links-nike-adidas-and-apple-to-forced-uighur-labor/?fbclid=IwAR2zGWECwVTVc6pTeQLGpO61eLyoM2f7tpioVNay2mblgn1fOhNR0-kPS-g&sh=3dd2ee961003

Nike, Adidas, Apple, Microsoft and Samsung are among 83 multinationals that have been linked to forced labor by Uighurs in factories across China, according to a new study by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI). According to the researchers, Uighurs, a persecuted ethnic minority from China’s western Xinjiang region, have been funneled to work in factories in other provinces under conditions “that strongly suggest forced labour.”

Maybe there's a good reason why LeBron (who supports riots & the murders of police officers after a black man gets shot while trying to kill a cop with his own gun) is officially unconcerned about Uigher genocide. 

https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-arts/mixed-martial-arts/article/3123491/ufc-colby-covington-calls-lebron-james

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siminamistreanu/2020/03/02/study-links-nike-adidas-and-apple-to-forced-uighur-labor/?fbclid=IwAR2zGWECwVTVc6pTeQLGpO61eLyoM2f7tpioVNay2mblgn1fOhNR0-kPS-g&sh=3dd2ee961003

Maybe there's a good reason why LeBron (who supports riots & the murders of police officers after a black man gets shot while trying to kill a cop with his own gun) is officially unconcerned about Uigher genocide. 

https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-arts/mixed-martial-arts/article/3123491/ufc-colby-covington-calls-lebron-james

Why pick on LeBron? Thousands of athletes and celebrities, white and black have contracts with those  companies. Trump's companies do business and have bank accounts there.

18 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Why pick on LeBron? Thousands of athletes and celebrities, white and black have contracts with those  companies. Trump's companies do business and have bank accounts there.

Because LeBron is the one who puts himself above his sport, and he pontificates to the world as if he's the enlightened one and the one true champion of justice. Then he cashes proceeds-of-slavery cheques from Nike. It's like a family guy skit on steroids.

“I speak from a very educated mind,” James added. “I‘m kind of the wrong guy to actually go at because I do my homework.”

Lol. And because of that. :lol:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Because LeBron is a colossal hypocrite.  He likes to tweet out neat quotes like injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere.  But then turns a blind eye to mass injustice in return for a big cheque from China. It’s disgusting.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Shady said:

Because LeBron is a colossal hypocrite.  He likes to tweet out neat quotes like injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere.  But then turns a blind eye to mass injustice in return for a big cheque from China. It’s disgusting.

Nike is an American company, not Chinese. Adidas is a German company, not Chinese. Perhaps your outrage should be directed at them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Nike is an American company, not Chinese. Adidas is a German company, not Chinese. Perhaps your outrage should be directed at them.

Nike is hugely into pontificating as well, they're just as bad as LeBron. I boycotted Nike a long time ago FWIW.

I just don't get how people can fistpump with LeBron over G Floyd's death and then ignore genocide. Leftists are like that. They didn't want to acknowledge islamic state's genocide either. 

"WE REALLY CARE ABOUT ABOUT RANDOM SHIT! We don't care so much about genocide." - the left.

47 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And the other 80+ companies.  But why stop there.

Oil comes from Saudi Arabia.  

Canada does business with Iran.

Keep it going.

Biden is like a little puppy rolling around on his back when Xi, Putin etc come calling. Trudeau is everybody's bitch. Leftists love it. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Biden is like a little puppy rolling around on his back when Xi, Putin etc come calling. Trudeau is everybody's bitch. Leftists love it. 

Fft.  Trump didn't do anything about the trade deficit either.  The difference between him and the others is he lies and says he's taking on China.  I guess that counts for something.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Fft.  Trump didn't do anything about the trade deficit either.  The difference between him and the others is he lies and says he's taking on China.  I guess that counts for something.

He definitely took on China, but if they let C19 out intentionally then they won that fight.