Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Do you think the petition on Rebel Media to BRING BACK HARPER has merit?


Recommended Posts

Could Stephen Harper make Canada a better place?  He is only 61 and has been a successful winner before.   If Erin O'Toole loses the next election, which may be within weeks or months, could this be the solution to getting Canada back on a better track?  Could it be the only way to defeat Trudeau?  Harper has a name that is known by everyone.  Is there anyone else who could have a chance of beating Trudeau?  Are you tired of the division, virtue signaling, and putting our institutions like Parliament down as Trudeau recently did?  Are you tired of the ethics violations?  Trudeau said just the other day Parliament was an institution built on colonialism, racism, etc.  Enough of that.  Maybe we can get a highly qualified and experienced man back who cares about Canada and respects our country, people, and institutions.   

Bring Back Harper - Rebel News

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He beats the alternatives. That's for sure. Maxime would be interesting but he can't win. Stephen can.

Your "facts" conveniently ignore the fact Trudeau has run a corrupt, unethical government since he was elected in 2015.  You ignore the fact every government we have had has had accusations of unethic

Boy, Stephen Harper sure has a lot of things to fix when he gets back in as PM.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, blackbird said:

Could Stephen Harper make Canada a better place?  He is only 61 and has been a successful winner before.   If Erin O'Toole loses the next election, which may be within weeks or months, could this be the solution to getting Canada back on a better track?  Could it be the only way to defeat Trudeau?  Harper has a name that is known by everyone.  Is there anyone else who could have a chance of beating Trudeau?  Are you tired of the division, virtue signaling, and putting our institutions like Parliament down as Trudeau recently did?  Are you tired of the ethics violations?  Trudeau said just the other day Parliament was an institution built on colonialism, racism, etc.  Enough of that.  Maybe we can get a highly qualified and experienced man back who cares about Canada and respects our country, people, and institutions.   

Bring Back Harper - Rebel News

Ha ha is this a joke? Harper was defeated real bad by Justin Trudeau 5 years ago. Trudeau won a majority government when Harper was around!!! or you wish a deja vu?. When Trudeau retires in 2050 or hopefully later then The Cons(ervatives) may have a chance to come back to power but not before that.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Ha ha is this a joke? Harper was defeated real bad by Justin Trudeau 5 years ago. Trudeau won a majority government when Harper was around!!! or you wish a deja vu?. When Trudeau retires in 2050 or hopefully later then The Cons(ervatives) may have a chance to come back to power but not before that.

       Not a chance.  You must be smoking something strong.

      You forget Harper was PM for about nine years and was quite popular.  Trudeau won a majority in 2015 because of Trudeaumania, but the glow has worn off. 

      Trudeau has a record number of ethics violations and scandals and can't be trusted.

      He has failed Canada, Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig because of his love for Communist China.  He refused to take concrete actions to help them and has done nothing concrete about the human rights violations in China affecting one to two millions Uyghurs.  In fact he wouldn't even join our allies, our Parliament and declare it a genocide. 

      He did a poor job in the pandemic.  He failed Canadians by not closing the border to air travel early in the pandemic.  He followed the recommendations of the China controlled W.H.O.  He sent PPEs to China and tried to negotiate a vaccine supply from China.  He tried to do a military training deal with China by having China send PLA soldiers to Canada for a training exercise and he sent Canadians soldiers to march in a military parade in China.  Bizarre but true.  He still hasn't banned Huawei 5G.  He failed to ensure Canada had vaccine manufacturing capability.  

      The Liberals dropped to a minority government in the 2019 election. Trudeau might have a tough fight beating Harper now.

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Harper would be able to put things back together, but to repair the unbelievable amount of damage from the idiots (yes, we have a cabinet full of things just as bad as the PMO) will take an all-star cabinet of business people - and I doubt there are enough who are willing to go down that road - now that it has been shyte upon by the Little Tur....uh...TRUdeau.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Harper was past his expiration date, I wouldn't vote for him.

But so was Chretien, and both these guys make our current party leaders look like geniuses even if they were both arrogant schmucks.

I agree.  I would like Harper to come back, if only to symbolize a wholesale rejection of poor-quality leadership.

I didn't agree with his energy policy, or some of his immigration policy but it would be interesting and even comforting to see how he would handle foreign policy.  Trudeau is being batted about by large forces and doesn't seem to know what to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I agree.  I would like Harper to come back, if only to symbolize a wholesale rejection of poor-quality leadership.

I didn't agree with his energy policy, or some of his immigration policy but it would be interesting and even comforting to see how he would handle foreign policy.  Trudeau is being batted about by large forces and doesn't seem to know what to do.

The CPC membership just rejected climate change as being real.  The only legit alternative to the Liberals is backwoods riff-raff.

A world of captains, a ship of fools.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, blackbird said:

       Not a chance.  You must be smoking something strong.

      You forget Harper was PM for about nine years and was quite popular.  Trudeau won a majority in 2015 because of Trudeaumania, but the glow has worn off. 

      Trudeau has a record number of ethics violations and scandals and can't be trusted.

      He has failed Canada, Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig because of his love for Communist China.  He refused to take concrete actions to help them and has done nothing concrete about the human rights violations in China affecting one to two millions Uyghurs.  In fact he wouldn't even join our allies, our Parliament and declare it a genocide. 

      He did a poor job in the pandemic.  He failed Canadians by not closing the border to air travel early in the pandemic.  He followed the recommendations of the China controlled W.H.O.  He sent PPEs to China and tried to negotiate a vaccine supply from China.  He tried to do a military training deal with China by having China send PLA soldiers to Canada for a training exercise and he sent Canadians soldiers to march in a military parade in China.  Bizarre but true.  He still hasn't banned Huawei 5G.  He failed to ensure Canada had vaccine manufacturing capability.  

      The Liberals dropped to a minority government in the 2019 election. Trudeau might have a tough fight beating Harper now.

It was his corrupt  full of scandals too far right wing government in its majority that Canadians rejected in 2015. Trudeau brought in a refreshing change and 5 years after, Canadians still welcome the change and appreciate his government except those in far left and far right.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/

 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

It was his corrupt  full of scandals too far right wing government in its majority that Canadians rejected in 2015. Trudeau brought in a refreshing change and 5 years after, Canadians still welcome the change and appreciate his government except those in far left and far right.

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/

 

The first thing Trudeau did was open the borders to the world and bring in 60 or 70 thousand Muslim refugees to further destroy our western Judeo-Christian culture and invite illegal migrants to walk in across that border, which they did by the tens of thousands and get on the dole and all the benefits.  Nothing refreshing about that, unless you are one of them, which you probably are.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 8:03 AM, blackbird said:

Could Stephen Harper make Canada a better place?  He is only 61 and has been a successful winner before.   If Erin O'Toole loses the next election, which may be within weeks or months, could this be the solution to getting Canada back on a better track?  Could it be the only way to defeat Trudeau?  Harper has a name that is known by everyone.  Is there anyone else who could have a chance of beating Trudeau?  Are you tired of the division, virtue signaling, and putting our institutions like Parliament down as Trudeau recently did?  Are you tired of the ethics violations?  Trudeau said just the other day Parliament was an institution built on colonialism, racism, etc.  Enough of that.  Maybe we can get a highly qualified and experienced man back who cares about Canada and respects our country, people, and institutions.   

Bring Back Harper - Rebel News

Didn't Trudeau already beat Harper? Error the liberal wanna be Tool will be no better than Trudeau when it comes to try and make Canada great again. Harper really did nothing to try and get rid of liberal socialism. Harper never gave Canadians more freedom, less government and less taxes something he supposedly believed in at onetime. Harper was no Trump. 

The only party left in Canada that can save Canada and that is The People's Party of Canada with Maxine Bernier as it's conservative leader. Why does no one here want to give any consideration to the PPC? The liberals and the conservative liberals are one and the same. Canada and Canadians are not their concern and both could careless about Canada or Canadians. Trudeau is pretty much a communist and the Tool is pretty much a globalist. NDP Singh is a socialist.

If Canadians keep voting for those three buffoons nothing will ever change. But that would make a smart move for Canadians to be doing but knowing Canadians they are nothing more than a bunch of suckers for punishment fools. I do not think that most Canadians really give a shit all that much about Canada anyway. Just about themselves seems more like it.  

Sadly, they will once again try to get one of those three misfits placed or put back in power. They will totally ignore the PPC, and the fake and lying Canadian media will do whatever they have to do to keep the PPC from ever becoming the governing power. Just saying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 10:41 AM, Infidel Dog said:

He beats the alternatives. That's for sure.

Maxime would be interesting but he can't win. Stephen can.

Maxine could win if Canadians would give him a shot at it. What can Canadians lose by voting for the PPC?

Anyone want to comment on that? All it would take is for the PPC to gain 5 or 10 seats in parliament and that would force the other political party's to have to start to show some patriotism and concern for dear old suffering Canada. 

Maxine can do no worse than what the past bunch of buffoon PM's that we have had in the past all working hard as hell to try and destroy this once great British/European nation. Harper would end up being a pro globalist and would change nothing. Harper will take his orders from the globalist cabal. Trudeau is a communist globalist. He admires Soros the sicko. 

To vote for any other but Bernier is a vote to help further along the destruction of Canada. Sadly, I do believe that the majority of Canadians will still be voting for one of the other three destroyers of Canada political party's. That is almost a given. :( 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cannuck said:

Harper would be able to put things back together, but to repair the unbelievable amount of damage from the idiots (yes, we have a cabinet full of things just as bad as the PMO) will take an all-star cabinet of business people - and I doubt there are enough who are willing to go down that road - now that it has been shyte upon by the Little Tur....uh...TRUdeau.

In order to get Canada back on track and to the pre sixties era Canadians would have to boot every politician in power today out on their useless asses and vote for a majority People's Party of Canada. If that is not done than nothing will ever change. It remains to see right now as to whether Canadians want a real change or not. The next election will tell it all. It's for either freedom and prosperity or it will be for tyranny and communism. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The CPC membership just rejected climate change as being real.  The only legit alternative to the Liberals is backwoods riff-raff.

A world of captains, a ship of fools.

Complete nonsense.  They rejected the idea of China continuing to produce record amounts of carbon dioxide for the next 10 years on the backs of Canadian businesses and the middle class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shady said:

Complete nonsense.  They rejected the idea of China continuing to produce record amounts of carbon dioxide for the next 10 years on the backs of Canadian businesses and the middle class.

No:  https://globalnews.ca/news/7708960/conservative-party-climate-change/

Though the party’s policy declaration already contains a lengthy section on that subject, 54 per cent of delegates voted against expanding it to include the sentence “we recognize that climate change is real. The Conservative Party is willing to act.”

BACKWOODS RIFF-RAFF.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taxme said:

Didn't Trudeau already beat Harper? Error the liberal wanna be Tool will be no better than Trudeau when it comes to try and make Canada great again. Harper really did nothing to try and get rid of liberal socialism. Harper never gave Canadians more freedom, less government and less taxes something he supposedly believed in at onetime. Harper was no Trump. 

The only party left in Canada that can save Canada and that is The People's Party of Canada with Maxine Bernier as it's conservative leader. Why does no one here want to give any consideration to the PPC? The liberals and the conservative liberals are one and the same. Canada and Canadians are not their concern and both could careless about Canada or Canadians. Trudeau is pretty much a communist and the Tool is pretty much a globalist. NDP Singh is a socialist.

If Canadians keep voting for those three buffoons nothing will ever change. But that would make a smart move for Canadians to be doing but knowing Canadians they are nothing more than a bunch of suckers for punishment fools. I do not think that most Canadians really give a shit all that much about Canada anyway. Just about themselves seems more like it.  

Sadly, they will once again try to get one of those three misfits placed or put back in power. They will totally ignore the PPC, and the fake and lying Canadian media will do whatever they have to do to keep the PPC from ever becoming the governing power. Just saying. 

You are correct about a lot of things.  Harper did nothing to get rid of liberal Socialism.  But he is somewhat better than Trudeau and Liberals which is the only reason I would vote for him.  I am simply speaking from the view of who is around that could have a chance of beating Trudeau and getting rid of the Liberals.  There is no other party that has enough strength or support to beat the Liberals.  That is the problem we are in.  I agree with you that it would be nice if there was some real alternative to Liberals and the existing Conservative party, but Canadians are in a sad state and can't seem to get it together to change things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, blackbird said:

The first thing Trudeau did was open the borders to the world and bring in 60 or 70 thousand Muslim refugees to further destroy our western Judeo-Christian culture and invite illegal migrants to walk in across that border, which they did by the tens of thousands and get on the dole and all the benefits.  Nothing refreshing about that, unless you are one of them, which you probably are.

This is both stupid and idiotic not to mention childish to make personal attacks of this kind when you most likely a loser in everything  and who blames everyone else for his miserable life,  loses a debate and instead of facing facts makes personal attacks.

I was just stating the facts. Trudeau defeated Harper winning a majority. Harper ran a corrupt majority government in his last 4 years and based on polls that I attached a link Trudeau will win another liberal government likely a majority. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is both stupid and idiotic not to mention childish to make personal attacks of this kind when you most likely a loser in everything  and who blames everyone else for his miserable life,  loses a debate and instead of facing facts makes personal attacks.

I was just stating the facts. Trudeau defeated Harper winning a majority. Harper ran a corrupt majority government in his last 4 years and based on polls that I attached a link Trudeau will win another liberal government likely a majority. 

Your "facts" conveniently ignore the fact Trudeau has run a corrupt, unethical government since he was elected in 2015.  You ignore the fact every government we have had has had accusations of unethical or corrupt behavior.  The Liberals probably had the biggest scandal in decades when they ran the Sponsorship Scandal for years in the 1990s and early 2000s until it was exposed and all the witnesses told the gruesome details in the Gomery Commission (public enquiry) that went on for weeks and some people went to jail.  Taxpayers never got their money back.  They gave away millions of dollars of taxpayer money to their friends.  Find anything that Harper did that even comes close to the Sponsorship Scandal.  You probably don't know anything about this because you weren't even here, but come over here later and tell us our Conservative government was corrupt.  Obviously you don't know what you are talking about or if you do know the facts, you are carefully ignoring the corruption of the Liberals.  Trudeau was the first PM to have been found guilty of three violations of the Ethics regulations.  Trudeau was going to give almost a billion dollars of taxpayer money to his friends in the WE charity to distribute grants to students, until it was exposed that his relatives had been paid by them. Trudeau was going to give all this money away while Canada is nearly 400 billion dollars in debt. 

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blackbird said:

 You probably don't know anything about this because you weren't even here, but come over here later and tell us our Conservative government was corrupt.  

Another lie or misstatement. I have been here even when Trudeau's father was the PM and before. The 2015 on my user name stands for the year I joined this forum.

You have discredited yourself completely by the false statement i quoted above so nothing else that you say has any credibility.

s

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You haven't learned much in that time have you?

I have learned as much as the other 35.2 percent of Canadians who according to polls are ready to vote for Trudeau and elect another Liberal government likely a majority to power. I learned a lot during the last Harper majority government and just to get my point across I voted for Mulroney twice in 1984 and 1988.

Also to clarify I am against Trudeau's immigration policies as like his father immigration numbers should come down to under 100,0000 during the recession (of 1981 to 1983). Especially immigration from Muslim dominated countries should be restricted (not stopped because many of those are seeking freedom from tyranny) and selection criteria must change based on adoptability and respect for women and other religions and cultures which many from those regions are lacking so it may surprise you to know that we are not that much apart after all.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I have learned as much as the other 35.2 percent of Canadians who according to polls are ready to vote for Trudeau and elect another Liberal government likely a majority to power. .

Disturbing revelation above . . . . . but, you do make my point. "You haven't learned much in that time have you?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

No:  https://globalnews.ca/news/7708960/conservative-party-climate-change/

Though the party’s policy declaration already contains a lengthy section on that subject, 54 per cent of delegates voted against expanding it to include the sentence “we recognize that climate change is real. The Conservative Party is willing to act.”

BACKWOODS RIFF-RAFF.

This is not the conservative party i once knew, it sounds like the fringe elements are taking control, This is one of many reasons the conservatives will not win any future elections. there fighting debates that have long ago been decided and excepted by an over whelming portion of the population, whats next they decide to rehash the abortion debate  It is like they are doing what ever it takes to get Justin reelected.... there just bleeding voters right now, and the exodus is just going to get bigger..

Quote

Ahead of the convention, the anti-abortion group Campaign Life Coalition had circulated a “voters guide” to the resolutions and had urged its membership to vote down the one on the environment, saying “global warning alarmism” was being used to justify population control and abortion.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, blackbird said:

The first thing Trudeau did was open the borders to the world and bring in 60 or 70 thousand Muslim refugees to further destroy our western Judeo-Christian culture

I'm not even a refugee or immigrant (well, my great-grandparents were immigrants) and I would love to see "Judeo-Christian" culture destroyed.  Also, "Islamic culture"; really, I'm ok with any and all religious culture destroyed.

Quote

and invite illegal migrants to walk in across that border, which they did by the tens of thousands and get on the dole and all the benefits. 

 Maybe you need to re-read Mark 12:3; John 3:17; Philippians 2:4; Matthew 25:35-40; Romans 15:1 because according to those scriptures, a "Christian" nation would most certainly be accepting and helping refugees and immigrants.  But here you are, advocating against that, so maybe it's people like you who are turning us away from our "Christian roots".

Quote

Nothing refreshing about that, unless you are one of them, which you probably are.

And why does a nice Christian like you decide to insult someone you know nothing about, merely because he's a first generation immigrant?  Perhaps a review of Romans 2:1 is in order for you.

I'd be happy enough with Christianity if everyone actually followed what their holy book teaches; sadly too many of them, as evidenced by Blackbird, use their religion to support their hatred and intolerance of anyone who doesn't fit the standards of their little club.   

Once the world is rid of xenophobic, exclusionary, judgmental and cruel religionists, the rest of us can live life a moral and ethical life, accepting our differences instead of hating each other for them, practicing actual peace, love and charity, instead of the pretend version practiced by so many religious people.  There will be no chance of being dragged backward to a time when women/LGBTQ+/minorities are oppressed because "God said".  

I don't suppose it'll happen in my lifetime. :(

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I have learned as much as the other 35.2 percent of Canadians who according to polls are ready to vote for Trudeau and elect another Liberal government likely a majority to power. I learned a lot during the last Harper majority government and just to get my point across I voted for Mulroney twice in 1984 and 1988.

Also to clarify I am against Trudeau's immigration policies as like his father immigration numbers should come down to under 100,0000 during the recession (of 1981 to 1983). Especially immigration from Muslim dominated countries should be restricted (not stopped because many of those are seeking freedom from tyranny) and selection criteria must change based on adoptability and respect for women and other religions and cultures which many from those regions are lacking so it may surprise you to know that we are not that much apart after all.

What you should have learned is that the Conservative party has been driving voters towards the liberal party for years now, they might as well be on Justin election team. That and the fact Justin has bought and paid for every one of those votes with bribes from the Canadian treasury , and this election i expect to see the purse strings opened once again. It is not because Justin is the best man, or the best qualified for the job, it is because Canadians like money more than they like how the country is run. 

And here is a news flash, we are not as close as you may think , your right we are not even in the same hemisphere, you continually defend Justin and his liberals, and in typical liberal fashion we have to bring up harper and all of his mistakes, those are clearly embedded in your memory, but the long list of Justins mistakes and gaffs in this country and abroad, don't even registers.... it reinforces the fact that there is a huge mega gap between your morals and values and mine, your judgement as to what is right and what is wrong... It is just another example of how divided our country has become.  

 

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...