Jump to content
Political Discussion Forums

Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?


Recommended Posts

Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

 

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

 

I think that to use a scapegoat is a sin.

 

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

 

Regards

DL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/24/2021 at 4:14 PM, French Patriot said:

Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

 

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

 

I think that to use a scapegoat is a sin.

 

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

 

Regards

DL

accepting Jesus is not a sin

and doing so doesn't result in damnation

doing so is not an abdication of responsibility for your sin

atonement results in being saved, that is the taking responsibility for your sins part

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

accepting Jesus is not a sin

and doing so doesn't result in damnation

doing so is not an abdication of responsibility for your sin

atonement results in being saved, that is the taking responsibility for your sins part

I agree that accepting Jesus is not a sin, unless you also accept he died for you.

Abdicating your responsibility for sins is the sin.

If atonement is what is salvific, as you say and not Jesus, Jesus did not have to die at all, and the whole sacrifice thing is a lie.

Am I reading you correctly?

Regards

DL

 

Edited by French Patriot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, French Patriot said:

I agree that accepting Jesus is not a sin, unless you also accept he died for you.

Abdicating your responsibility for sins is the sin.

If atonement is what is salvific, as you say and not Jesus, Jesus did not have to die at all, and the whole sacrifice thing is a lie.

Am I reading you correctly?

Regards

DL

 

Jesus sacrifice is atonement

he is atonement guy

he forgave those who killed him

still leaving open their chance to atone for that sin

hate the sin not the sinner

yet he who is without sin cast the first stone

and all that

Jesus inspires others to seek a path to redemption, especially in the face of death

not just seek it when times are good and abandoning core values in dire circumstances

resisting the temptation to become like your enemy in a fight against them

 

none of this has anything to do

with abdicating responsibility for sin

that doesn't follow

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, French Patriot said:

Correct, which you are ignoring, because it is a sin.

Now post something on that to show you know what the word means.

Regards

DL

accepting Jesus isn't abdicating responsibility and it is not a sin

Jesus was about taking ownership of the fact that everyone sins and atoning for it yourself and allowing others the chance to atone for it

His sacrifice was to inspire others to sacrifice as well

it's not about being a scapegoat that lets people off the hook for all of their sins, Jesus did not do that

it's about trying to live up to the ideal and not being doomed to hell if you slip up, as long as you take responsibility, strive to do better and  take the necessary actions to do so

it's all about taking responsibility for your actions, not passing on the responsibility to a scapegoat, so you are free of any personal responsibility for your behavior

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

accepting Jesus isn't abdicating responsibility and it is not a sin

Jesus was about taking ownership of the fact that everyone sins and atoning for it yourself and allowing others the chance to atone for it

His sacrifice was to inspire others to sacrifice as well

it's not about being a scapegoat that lets people off the hook for all of their sins, Jesus did not do that

it's about trying to live up to the ideal and not being doomed to hell if you slip up, as long as you take responsibility, strive to do better and  take the necessary actions to do so

it's all about taking responsibility for your actions, not passing on the responsibility to a scapegoat, so you are free of any personal responsibility for your behavior

Basically correct, so why are you in line to accept Jesus' sacrifice by sinning by abdicating your responsibility for your sin?

Who is to pay for your sins? You or Jesus?

Let's see what Jesus taught.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

If I go by those, to abdicate my responsibility is going against what Jesus taught.

Are you still eager to drink his blood and eat his flesh?

Regards

DL

Edited by French Patriot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

indeed

therefore accepting Jesus is not abdicating that responsibility, just the opposite

So you think that not keeping your responsibilities for your sins, and laying them on Jesus, is not abdicating your responsibilities. How completely hypocritical.

I gave you what Jesus taught, and you ignored it.

Typical Christian.

Regards

DL

 

 

So you do not need Jesus for salvation.,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

All this Jesus talk is making the Gods up on Olympus rather pissed-off. Do y'all EVER want to get back to Ithaca? 

All the good gods are pissed that the mainstream religions have selected a genocidal prick as a good god when he is obviously evil.

Regards

DL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, French Patriot said:

So you think that not keeping your responsibilities for your sins, and laying them on Jesus, is not abdicating your responsibilities. How completely hypocritical.

I gave you what Jesus taught, and you ignored it.

Typical Christian.

Regards

DL

 

 

So you do not need Jesus for salvation.,

you are not listening

you are the one ignoring

accepting Jesus is taking responsibility

not abdicating it

stop with the obtuse bullshit

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you are not listening

you are the one ignoring

accepting Jesus is taking responsibility

not abdicating it

stop with the obtuse bullshit

Go try your lies elsewhere. You lack the I Q for this issue.

Real adult people take responsibility for their actions and do not expect some savior whipping boy to take their strokes.

Try calling this Bishop obtuse, after looking up the definition of abdication.

Bishop John Shelby Spong: Why Atonement Theology will Kill Christianity - YouTube

 

Regards

DL

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you are not listening

Try reading what your bible says and what you refuse to do.

6 hours ago, French Patriot said:

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, French Patriot said:

Real adult people take responsibility for their actions and do not expect some savior whipping boy to take their strokes.

same with Christians

you clearly don't understand Christianity at all

and simply want to demonize it with your idiotic strawman

no matter how many times you are corrected on it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, French Patriot said:

Correct.

We are not on the same page. Go away.

 

Here, you are now ignored.

Regards

DL

this is not a safe space

this is not an echo chamber where everyone who disagrees with you goes away

learn to deal

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Tell a friend

    Love Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...