Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
betsy

Phrases that sez a lot....or

I was watching McGuinty on CPAC network (panel discussion with other candidates on Canada Foreign Aids and Disaster Relief), and when he tried to emphasize a point, he said.... "NOW IS THE TIME TO DO THIS!"

There's really nothing wrong with that sentence except that I've heard Martin used the very same words in more than a couple of occasions.

"Now is the time to do this!"

Gee, it's amazing how for more than a decade, they had all the time to do what they need to do....but oh no....they have to wait until the last minute, right on the eve of an election to do what they should have done.

I say, another reason why we need a change of government!

Phoooey to PROCASTINATORS! :D

I was watching McGuinty on CPAC network (panel discussion with other candidates on Canada Foreign Aids and Disaster Relief), and when he tried to emphasize a point, he said.... "NOW IS THE TIME TO DO THIS!"

There's really nothing wrong with that sentence except that I've heard Martin used the very same words in more than a couple of occasions. 

"Now is the time to do this!"

Gee, it's amazing how for more than a decade, they had all the time to do what they need to do....but oh no....they have to wait until the last minute, right on the eve of an election to do what they should have done.

I say, another reason why we need a change of government!

Phoooey to PROCASTINATORS!  :D

Right on Betsy. To overuse that phrase once more.....NOW IS THE TIME TO VOTE CONSERVATIVE. B)

Okay, this is not about a phrase used by a politician. This is regarding a photo-op.

Martin was shown campaigning at a bagel shop. He was literally kneading dough.

My first reaction was...."Ooooooo, did he wash his hands?"

Then it slowly sank in. How appropriately it looked if you look at things figuratively. "Kneading dough"....manipulating taxpayers' money.....

With all the wasted money...and expensive vote-buying the Liberals had done, and are still doing....the government will surely need more dough.

Boy, and hand-washing? It'll take more than just ordinary hand-washing to get rid of all the dirt.

Personally, I find myself "needing" dough a lot more than "kneading" it.

:P

That's funny, a good one! :lol:

Can't match that out of my own head at this moment, so I'll cheat by reffering back to my Cristmas present ... The Oxford Dictionary of Humorous Quotations.

HERE'S a good one, by Bob Monkhouse:

"They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian

...... They're not laughing now."

"They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian

...... They're not laughing now."

Well, to paraphrase Homer Simpson, "D'ough!!!!!"

When paraphrasing someone, that doesn't mean you can completely screw it up.

He used to say .... D'oh!

Not "D'ough!" ........ "D'oh!"

You're probably still thinking money.