Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
betsy

Elsie Wayne?

Who is she? She decided to bring up the SSM debate.

She said she did not talk with Harper about this since she does not think she will hurt the party.

Uh-oh.

I take it she was or is a prominent conservative figure?

Good or bad?

She was, along with Jean Charest, one of the 2 surviving Progressive Conservative MPs after the 1993 annihilation of that party. She remained an MP until her retirement in 2004. She was there in person when Marconi received the first transAtlantic radio signal at Signal Hill, Newfoundland. She is very nearly as old as eureka.

-k

Bah! :lol:

Not all that much older than Paul Martin though....

She was there in person when Marconi received the first transAtlantic radio signal at Signal Hill, Newfoundland.  She is very nearly as old as eureka.

-k

Dear kimmy,

She was, along with Jean Charest, one of the 2 surviving Progressive Conservative MPs after the 1993 annihilation of that party
I recall that she was also well known for her outlandish attire and ubiquitous brooches. In fact, I recall some sort of controversy about her attire, but cannot at this time recall what it was. Anyone?

I recall that she was also well known for her outlandish attire and ubiquitous brooches.  In fact, I recall some sort of controversy  about her attire, but cannot at this time recall what it was. Anyone?

She looks and dresses much like the sort of granny one sees heading to and from "High Tea" at the Empress Hotel in Victoria. :)

-k

Elsie shoots from the hip & then watches the bodies fall - she should remain in retirement since she speaks for herself and not the party. Her mouth usually creates problems in a politically correct arena & politically correct she is not. :D

The CPC had far too many loose cannons in 2004. Arguably that is what cost them government. Isn't it amazing how we haven't heard anything offensive or foolish from the candidtes this time around. (OK, the Jason Kenney OMNI thing was a little odd, but not that big a deal.)

Elsie shoots from the hip & then watches the bodies fall - she  should remain in retirement since she speaks for herself and not the party.    Her mouth usually creates problems in a politically correct arena & politically correct she is not.  :D