Political Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scribblet

Elizabeth May and Evangelicals

Wow I can hear the fits and foaming at the mouth if this were Stephen Harper or one of his MPs caught in this compromising position :)-

http://www.evangelicalfellowship.ca/NetCom...1779&srcid=1779

Ms. May stopped by to "discuss the Evangelical Fellowship's role in contributing to public policy on Parliament Hill and in the Courts." Wonder what kind of public policy and Court action the Green Party wants ?

Guess the Green Party is as much a big tent as they all are, all voices are welcome huh !

Oh that's all we need.....some bible toting fred flintstone believing new earther helping form Canada's Enviro policy.....wait,......did you say the Green Party?

....nevermind......

Oh that's all we need.....some bible toting fred flintstone believing new earther helping form Canada's Enviro policy.....wait,......did you say the Green Party?

....nevermind......

Yup, wonder if she's a "Dominionist" too LOL

I believe Elizabeth May has stated she is not opposed to SSM and is pro-choice right, so does this mean she is lying? I don't think so, I think it proves that there are other issues other than those two, that the 'evangelicals' are interested in, just as most other people are, religious or otherwise. The difference I think is in how it is spun and who's doing the spinning. :)-

Wow I can hear the fits and foaming at the mouth if this were Stephen Harper or one of his MPs caught in this compromising position :)-

http://www.evangelicalfellowship.ca/NetCom...1779&srcid=1779

Ms. May stopped by to "discuss the Evangelical Fellowship's role in contributing to public policy on Parliament Hill and in the Courts." Wonder what kind of public policy and Court action the Green Party wants ?

Guess the Green Party is as much a big tent as they all are, all voices are welcome huh !

If you work hard at it, it is possible to actually create the hatred and double-standards that you are suggesting already exist.

Work hard nothing. If a backbencher tory had done what May has done, there would be an outcry from the left on this forum. But since it's not the Tories, the lefties shrug their shoulders.

Work hard nothing. If a backbencher tory had done what May has done, there would be an outcry from the left on this forum. But since it's not the Tories, the lefties shrug their shoulders.

Well then let me be the first "lefty" to state that Elizabeth May is now just a 'politician' like the rest of those bums.

I do not support any attempt to appease or co-opt the religious vote.

Lets see, what other party is there now.... ah whatever, its not like voting means anything anyway.

Andrew

Apparantly May is extremely religious, I havn't noticed anyone going after her for it, and of course she has the blessings of the Liberals. Go figure.. I guess that makes her a 'homophobic so-con' LOL

....nevermind......

Yup, wonder if she's a "Dominionist" too LOL

I believe Elizabeth May has stated she is not opposed to SSM and is pro-choice right, so does this mean she is lying? I don't think so, I think it proves that there are other issues other than those two, that the 'evangelicals' are interested in, just as most other people are, religious or otherwise. The difference I think is in how it is spun and who's doing the spinning. :)-

After Mays comments a couple of months ago it would be a stretch to describe her as pro-choice.

I'll see if I can Google her comments on abortion, which were made at a church service where she was a guest - a frequent thing for her.

I wouldn't be surprised if the evangelical fundies did jump on her bandwagon, they have no natural home now that Harper has refused to entertain any more chat on SSM, abortion or any of the usual flashpoints.

....nevermind......

Barney the Dinosaur wasn't green.

Actually, for me because it is no one of any importance, i shrug my shoulders....had it been Harper or dion, different story

Actually, for me because it is no one of any importance, i shrug my shoulders....had it been Harper or dion, different story

1923: Actually, for me because it is no one of any importance, i shrug my shoulders....had it been Stresemann or Hindenburg, different story.

If May wants to shoot herself and the party she leads in the foot she has just done so. Having said that she apparently went there because the othe MP's from all parties had a meeting with the EFC a few weeks prior.

If May wants to shoot herself and the party she leads in the foot she has just done so. Having said that she apparently went there because the othe MP's from all parties had a meeting with the EFC a few weeks prior.

Can a party without a leg to stand on shoot itself in the foot?

Actually she's just politicking and trying to attract as many votes as possible. In other words, evangelicals have as much right to a voice as anyone else. The stark difference in this is how it is perceived and spun by the media. In other words, nobody really cares unless it's Harper doing it.

LOL a tree hugger finds Jesus, how's that for irony. I suppose the freaks and geeks need a party to support and the greens fit that bill to a tee.