Political Discussion Forums

3 Men Arrested in Germany

Here we go again, Germany this time.

Wonder if Israel was behind this one LOL

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6979295.stm

Three men have been arrested in Germany on suspicion of planning a "massive" terrorist attack on US facilities in the country, officials have said.

Federal prosecutor Monika Harms said the three had trained at camps in Pakistan and procured some 700kg (1,500lbs) of chemicals for explosives.

She said the accused had sought to target facilities visited by Americans, such as nightclubs, pubs or airports. cont....

Three men have been arrested in Germany on suspicion of planning a "massive" terrorist attack on US facilities in the country, officials have said.

Federal prosecutor Monika Harms said the three had trained at camps in Pakistan and procured some 700kg (1,500lbs) of chemicals for explosives.

She said the accused had sought to target facilities visited by Americans, such as nightclubs, pubs or airports. cont....

Yes it was me. It was a front operation. I am outed.

No one, I repeat no one should ever get in Monika's way.....

Edited by M.Dancer

Yikes !!!

There was one in Denmark too...http://www.pr-inside.com/print221165.htm wonder if we'd hear about these if it it were not for the internet.

Two foiled terror plots in Europe linked to al-Qaida, with roots in Pakistan

2007-09-05 18:55:06 -

A pair of alleged Islamic terror plots uncovered this week in Germany and Denmark share some disturbing hallmarks: Officials link both to al-Qaida and have found tentacles stretching all the way to Pakistan, the likely hiding place of Osama bin Laden.

The schemes _ which could have caused massive loss of life _ have been a chilling reminder to Europeans of the threat they still face due to porous borders, restive minorities and perceived allegiance to the United States.

I didn't realize that Sweden has had it's share of similar problems also.

7/8/2007 15:55

Sweden might have become a new base from which terrorist groups recruit new members, warned the Swedish Security Agency (SAPO).

Over 20 terror suspects with Swedish passports have been arrested since 2001, though only a few of them have served prison terms, said a report on the Monday edition of Svenska Dagbladet, or the Swedish Daily newspaper.

It was probable that Sweden had been used by terrorist groups as a fresh base to draw new members and amass funds for attacks, said SAPO.

Two Swedish citizens were sentenced to jail terms for collecting funds for the Iraqi terrorist cartel Ansar al-Islam in 2005, it said.

Many of the Swedish suspects are immigrants and statistics show the country saw an inflow of 86,000 immigrants in 2006 alone. Local media say these people are liable to be persuaded to join terrorist cells when they go back to their home countries to visit families or for other purposes.

http://english.eastday.com/eastday/english...1ai3026610.html

Edited by scriblett

If this is supposed to be a funny post I wish you were sitting with my husband and I at a cottage where we were invited to some fishing by a German Business man now a Canadian Citizen. He and his wife did not think it was funny at all. Of the five people arrested they were amazed that one was a German. They also were quite upset about the fact that American housing fiascal also involved some smaller local banks in the original part of east Germany. It is so easy to be funny when you don't know what you are talking about

Edited by margrace
If this is supposed to be a funny post I wish you were sitting with my hasband and I at a cottage where we were invited to some fishing by a German Business man now a Canadian Citizen. He and his wife did not think it was funny at all. Of the five people arrested they were amazed that one was a German. They also were quite upset about the fact that American housing fiascal also involved some smaller local banks in the original part of east Germany. It is so easy to be funny when you don't know what you are talking about

This one time.. At Band camp..

Sorry to see this might degenerate into a thread about Germans. They caught the culprits, did they not? Once upon a time there were whispers that the 9/11 terrorists might have come from Canada. Turns out they started out of Boston.

Yeah, the Germans didn't support Iraq. But then Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism. did it?

If this is supposed to be a funny post I wish you were sitting with my husband and I at a cottage where we were invited to some fishing by a German Business man now a Canadian Citizen. He and his wife did not think it was funny at all. Of the five people arrested they were amazed that one was a German. They also were quite upset about the fact that American housing fiascal also involved some smaller local banks in the original part of east Germany. It is so easy to be funny when you don't know what you are talking about

I've absolutely no idea what you are going on about, if I did, maybe I'd laugh

At any rate, the link says the German authorities believe that 7 members of the cell are still at large, no doubt still hoping to blow up some Americans on German soil. Other reports say that with the 7th anniversary coming up (9/11) a lot of activity has been occuring in hopes of 'honoring' their most devastating terrorist act to date.

We really are walking on thin ice these days, sooner or later one of these nutbars will be successful.

two words: hydrogen peroxide

Two more words: 700 kilograms.

They were planning on... bleaching a lot of hair? Treating a lot of cuts and scrapes?

-k

Another conspiracy Buffy?

Of course - another 'false flag' or whatever - didncha know all these various gov'ts have nothing better to do than dream this stuff up, plant some bomb making materials, get the newspapers to go along with it and generally just have some fun LOL

two words: hydrogen peroxide

uh okay.

I wonder how long it will take for the case against these idiots to fall apart - like SO many of the other cases of 'thwarted' terror attacks!!

More booga booga!! It'd be funny if it weren't so sickening.

Yeah, too bad this was the kind of thinking that caused the FBI to not get too worried about a few freaks that wanted to learn how to fly 747s but not land them.

Before I read on, I want to take a lucky guess. Jews behind these attacks?

Before I read on, I want to take a lucky guess. Jews behind these attacks?
No. Bush Jnr wants to attack Iran.

Pretended bombs in Germany is the way to justify his attack of Iran.

They were apprehended with 700kg of kosher bagels and blintzes.

-k

Bagels, it's obvious. Kos will soon have evidence of smoked meat. Or Persian pistachios. Edited by August1991